Rumor: "Kessel has likely played his last game for Arizona"

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
But better for a young team than Kessel, PK is a really good dude.
I think if you’re going to keep an old guy around until the deadline, Phil provided lore value than PK. Phil is the only guy on the entire team that can score goals. If we’re stuck with one or the other until the deadline, I’d much rather be stuck with Phil.

Reactions: Jakey53

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I’d much rather be stuck with Phil.

Agree in principle but I'm more than a little worried what "Don't want to be here" Phil looks like on the ice.

We're gonna be bad enough that he'll probably be ineffective anyway though :laugh:

Reactions: AZviaNJ

rt

May 13, 2004
Agree in principle but I'm more than a little worried what "Don't want to be here" Phil looks like on the ice.

We're gonna be bad enough that he'll probably be ineffective anyway though :laugh:
The better he plays the sooner there’s a market for him. If he’s bad, he’ll languish for the entire season. If he’s bad enough, they’ll scratch him and he’ll lose his Ironman streak. Plus, if he’s good and gets dealt to a good team and is even better, he might get a two year deal with an aav in the 2’s or 3’s. If he’s bad, he’ll get a 1yr 1mil show me deal some
Place. He’s got a lot to play for IMO. We should see the most motivated Kessel we’ve seen.

Reactions: Ghostface Keller

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
phil-kessel-arizona-coyotes.jpg

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
I think if you’re going to keep an old guy around until the deadline, Phil provided lore value than PK. Phil is the only guy on the entire team that can score goals. If we’re stuck with one or the other until the deadline, I’d much rather be stuck with Phil.
Kessel’s greatest contribution to this organization was telling BA he wants to be traded. We saw how bad he was 2 years ago when he wanted to be here. Can you imagine if he’s here with a new coach, new (awful) team after telling them he wants out? It was a warning blast and one BA can’t ignore.

If he’s unable to be traded, I think he’ll be bought out. Either way he’s played his last game in AZ.

Reactions: Mangosteen

rt

May 13, 2004
Kessel’s greatest contribution to this organization was telling BA he wants to be traded. We saw how bad he was 2 years ago when he wanted to be here. Can you imagine if he’s here with a new coach, new (awful) team after telling them he wants out? It was a warning blast and one BA can’t ignore.

If he’s unable to be traded, I think he’ll be bought out. Either way he’s played his last game in AZ.
Or he'll come back motivated to play his way out of town and into a new contract with a better team and pot 20 before the TDL and get us a 2nd rounder.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain

The Yotes don’t have a salary arbitration to open up the 2nd buyout window.

Reactions: 0point1 and AZviaNJ

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017

I don’t buy that for a minute. Dude’s a pro athlete, a competitor, he’d rise above his disappointment and perform.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
It's also in his best interest to play well, particularly if he wants to be traded.
I feel that trading Kessel is more of an expectation than a demand and that it would be in his best interest to be moved and get better stats in preparation for a new contract.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I feel that trading Kessel is more of an expectation than a demand and that it would be in his best interest to be moved and get better stats in preparation for a new contract.

It would, but what's nice is that BA is not under pressure to make it happen and can wait for a fair offer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->