Status
Not open for further replies.

OHLArenaGuide

it's dot com
Dec 4, 2003
London, ON
www.ohlarenaguide.com
Bryanbryoil said:
Exactly, if they were in Canada it wouldn't be a big deal because the age there is 18!!! One of the biggest things that ticks me off about the US (my home country) is that you can serve and die in the military at 18 but you can't have legally have a drink. What the ****???

Depends on the province, in Ontario and several others it's 19.

fatsunny

Jan 22, 2005
macho232 said:
Let me guess, you weren't very popular when you were in high school.

actually, quite popular, quite successfull athletically, full scholarship to a D1 school, but really, who cares now? :sarcasm: This isn't about popularity validating or invalidating my point. It's about doing what's right. Those that think drinking at 18 is moral, even though it's illegal, have a point, although a soft one in my mind. The issue is that we in society need to support our laws or try to work to change them. If we pick and chose the laws that we obey, we will have chaos.

I understand the concept of law makers making dumb laws that make the average joe a lawbreaker, and this could be a good example of that. That really does bother me. But these scholar athletes should not bend the rules. The NCAA is too strict and trouble could, and now in this case, will result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->