Kessel Appreciation Thread

Rockinz

Leafs 4 the cup
Feb 25, 2010
Leaf Land
Kessel has been playing at a world class level.

His play making ability, hockey IQ, speed, dynamic play, and shot make him a threat every night. He makes everyone better.

Lupul, Bozak and now JVR were all players that were written off. Kessel has made them better and raised their level of play.

He is even playing a good defensively! Using his speed in the back check and his awareness to skate plays out of our zone.

Watching Kessel play and the attributes he brings. It is scary how much he is Teemu Selanne 2.0!

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
Kessel has:
12 assists
- 10 primary (5 ES, 5 PP)
- 2 secondary (2 ES)
- assisted on Bozak (1), Franson (1), Holzer (1), JVR (6), Kadri (1) and Phaneuf (2)

number72

Oct 9, 2011
kessel has been great. But if he is not scoring I'm not sure if his salary should be worth 7m.

contour

Mar 31, 2011
Kessel's passing really shows why he was a Centre when he was drafted. To be honest he's fine in terms of goals. I can't even count the number of posts/crossbars he's hit this year.

Silver91

Agent 0091
May 27, 2007
Unknown
He's been nothing short of amazing, I don't think he's had 2 bad games this year. He's been snake-bit, but he's still creating chances and is bound to catch a heater soon enough

stakesishigh

how swede it is
Jul 9, 2009
Toronto
I love Kessel.

Anyone on this forum who bashes him having watched hockey games is a complete moron. He's been playing fantastic and although the goals aren't coming as much as we'd like he's been doing a lot of things right every night.

I hope we re-sign him long term as soon as we're able to do so.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
kessel has been great. But if he is not scoring I'm not sure if his salary should be worth 7m.

Closer to $6 million he would be a much more valuable asset for the Leafs...But I dont think theres any way we get him that cheap and without a no trade clause.

If Nonis is planning to re-sign him I really hope he keeps the term length shortterm

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
JVR - Kessel - Lupul :sarcasm:

If only Kessel had the defensive prowess of Bozie.

He was back checking pretty hard tonight which was somewhat of a surprise :laugh: Will be interesting to see if Kessel/JVR/both get tried out at center next training camp or not. Never had a chance to try anything out this year unfortunately.

DaveT83*

1 Even Strength Goal in his last 37 hockey games
Was Tied for 54th in league scoring heading into tonight

Relax homers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad