Salary Cap: Kessel @ 5.4 and Seguin at 5.75 -Any bigger bargains recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Not talking about any ELC players or third line players like Peverley on the contract he had when we traded for him who made under 3 million and produced like well paid guys.

In terms of legitimate star players in the league who are going to command in excess of 4 mil per year since 2009 has their been a bigger bargain than what Kessel made up until last year and what Seguin makes now?

Seguin is going outscore Stamkos and Crosby at 60% of what they make and Kessel averaged over 31 goals a year on a 5.4 mil deal.

Any better bargains on established players over the last 5-6 years?

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA
I'd take John Tavares at 5.5 any day of the week over either one of them.

And I don't see the point of this thread? Maybe better suited for the main board? This just seems like a subtle "Haha, I told you so" to Bruins fans or something. So you're telling me a guy drafted 2nd overall and 5th overall got paid early and now they outperformed that contract? Cool.

^^ To MMB, the entire point is a subtle jab at the fact that we don't have either guy anymore. That's it. It's cherry-picked on purpose.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
The Ghost of Iginla collecting $4.79 Mill for not being here this year is a pretty sweet deal, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad