Injury Report: Kesler out with a broken foot

Alflives*

I'm not going to get into everything you said. It's only a dishonest approach if you attribute all opinions to an imaginary single person. I happen to be a person that considers the Cup as the only goal. I don't want the team to tank for a draft pick. I don't want division banners, the Campbell trophy/cup/whatever it's called. I want the team to go as far as it can every year but I'd rather those other things not get awarded. As it is, I try not to think about the ones the teams does have. If you think that's a depressing approach, knock yourself out.

Did not the Olympics used to award only one medal - gold? I think that was once the case. This whole concept of settling for second place should not be part of a hockey player's thought process. I think this hyper competitive nature is part of why we like Ryan Kesler so much (Burrows too) but it also contributes to his injuries. Kesler tries to win every puck battle, and every play and every shift, and every race for a puck. When he doesn't he get frustrated, and reacts - without thinking. He used to get penalties and yap and such, but now that frustration is focused onto winning the next shift. I understand this was somewhat off topic, but sense you have a Kesler-like competitive nature, and are becoming a bit frustrated with some posters. That's why there are moderators. They keep us from behaving like Kesler, when it's what we really want to do.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Who did the Canucks just claim? Oh, a big, tough left winger. Kesler's is not reckless; he's competitive. Seeing his team's knuckle dragger take some measure of revenge, will certainly allow Kesler to channel his competitive spirit in ways (you would say) are not so reckless.

Kesler is a bit reckless.

Sestito is a minor move. Nothing more. What do you think a claim like that means? Obviously a lot more than I do.

SunshineRays

Mar 8, 2012
The hockey gods are angry at Van this year. Their 2 positions of weakness are centre and righty defense. So Kesler and Bieksa both go down. Real funny hockey gods.

But Kesler has no luck. If there's a bright lining, he'll be back 2 weeks before playoffs start. Now that his 'bad luck for the season' is out of the way, hopefully it's not enough time to re-injure himself before playoffs start.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad