Injury Report: Kesler out with a broken foot

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Well at least now he has an excuse again when he struggles during the playoffs....:shakehead

What ever happened to easing him into the line-up?

nucksfan8888

Aug 9, 2006
How would easing him in prevent a totally different injury?

Because he wasn't in game shape and AV tried to put him into a heavy minute role right away when he obviously isn't ready and needs to over exert himself just stay with the play?

If it's a sprain or strain of muscles or ligaments I think the easing into the lineup definitely would have prevented it.

If it's from a blocked shot or slash on the penalty kill, than it's not so much as easing him back in as saving him for the playoffs. IMO I would sparingly use Kesler on the PK, and not against the teams with big point shots until the playoffs, he's too valuable to be blocking shots in the regular season.

BROCK HUGHES

Jun 3, 2006
Victoria bc/red deer alberta
Because he wasn't in game shape and AV tried to put him into a heavy minute role right away when he obviously isn't ready and needs to over exert himself just stay with the play?

If it's a sprain or strain of muscles or ligaments I think the easing into the lineup definitely would have prevented it.

If it's from a blocked shot or slash on the penalty kill, than it's not so much as easing him back in as saving him for the playoffs. IMO I would sparingly use Kesler on the PK, and not against the teams with big point shots until the playoffs, he's too valuable to be blocking shots in the regular season.
This is why AV needs to go.

Benjo

Mar 25, 2009
Good luck easing Kesler into anything, that man goes full bore at all times. He will have a shorter career because of it, but don't expect guys like him to change.

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East

If it was a strain or sprain it could have absolutely nothing to do with not easing him in.

Crows*

Good luck easing Kesler into anything, that man goes full bore at all times. He will have a shorter career because of it, but don't expect guys like him to change.

Freak injury. He took a shot off the skate last night.

ARSix

Mar 12, 2012
EVERYBODY PANIC

:scared::scared::scared::scared::scared:

Seriously how about we wait until we find out if he has a bruise from blocking a shot or a minor ankle sprain or something. The team doesn't even play until Saturday.

opendoor

Dec 12, 2006
Without Kesler
8 - 2 - 2

With Kesler in lineup
2 - 3 - 2

10 - 5 - 4

Just saying

Take out the NW division games and compare the records:

Without Kesler:

2-2-1

With Kesler:

2-3-2

Basically they had one of the softest schedules in the league over the first 10-12 games and that's why they had the start they did.

nucksfan8888

Aug 9, 2006
If it was a strain or sprain it could have absolutely nothing to do with not easing him in.

Have you ever tried to play as a call up in a beer league when you haven't played in months, but the other guys are in mid season form? You put yourself in situations where you're reaching or over exerting yourself to stay with the play.

Now these are professional athletes, the level they play it is much higher, so for someone to come in be expected to play the toughest minutes on a team, it couldn't have helped the situation.

But it doesn't matter, apparently it's from a shot block and thats a different issue not related to easing him back in because of injury.

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East
Have you ever tried to play as a call up in a beer league when you haven't played in months, but the other guys are in mid season form? You put yourself in situations where you're reaching or over exerting yourself to stay with the play.

Now these are professional athletes, the level they play it is much higher, so for someone to come in be expected to play the toughest minutes on a team, it couldn't have helped the situation.

But it doesn't matter, apparently it's from a shot block and thats a different issue not related to easing him back in because of injury.

I did start playing after 12 years off but not sure what that has to do with kesler.

And its his foot. The only time i injured soft tissue in my foot is either from puck or from high ankle sprain from catching a rut. Neither have to do with condition or not being eased in.

M A K A V E L I*

Looks like David Backes has found himself a Kesler voodoo doll.

Alflives*

EVERYBODY PANIC

:scared::scared::scared::scared::scared:

Seriously how about we wait until we find out if he has a bruise from blocking a shot or a minor ankle sprain or something. The team doesn't even play until Saturday.

Bruised feet do not get casted, only breaks.
The Canucks will do better without Kesler. Burrows is a more effective center, and it forces coach V to play Kassian with the Sedins - where he belongs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->