Kes’ House

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
Not to be harsh, I see the show being canceled. Steve Dangle was drawing 50k live viewers with just a face cam and gameplay. Kesler is drawing 5k live viewers with celebrities.

Kalamazoo Wings

May 4, 2010
Knee Deep
Wow, Kesler really wasn't liked much judging by the comments here. I'll give it a pity watch just because I don't want to believe he's as bad a guy as some suggest here. Life after hockey can't be easy for these guys so who knows maybe I can appreciate the guy more now than I did him as a player. I'll give it a try, but I have to admit the thought of Genie Bouchard in there just seems off to me. No slight on Genie, she's hot and all, but she'd just be that much more attractive if she was committed to her craft and excelling at that and doing the IG fluff stuff on the side. Seems she knows she's hot stuff and it has gotten to her a little and has the priorities a little out of whack, but what do I know.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Sportsnet really missing the plot with this.

Kesler isn’t even Canadian, he’s American and very arrogant at that. His show/house is in Michigan, and Kesler is widely despised throughout Canada.

All kinds of yikes.

I would rather watch “Kes’ Jaw” with this on repeat:

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
I saw some very brief highlights of the Kes' House episode where they watched Game 1 between Montreal and Vegas.

Kesler seemed very drunk.

I am surprised Sportsnet would be allowing someone to get plastered like that on one of their shows.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I watched one episode with Eugenie Bouchard and I couldn't believe how awkward it was. At one point I was just watching to see if it would get more awkward. It seemed like Kesler was trying to impress everyone. He wanted to just get everyone drunk so they can listen his absolutely f***ing terrible stories. I decided to watch part of another episode and it was also just as bad. Such a weird show. It's 1000% not coming back in the future.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
I just watched a bit of the stream, and that was disastrous. I couldn’t keep watching it. Kesler was loaded, and no one was even into it. This was like a Barstool Sports live stream, except no one liked each other.

NastyKnies

Feb 20, 2010
Canada
I saw some very brief highlights of the Kes' House episode where they watched Game 1 between Montreal and Vegas.

Kesler seemed very drunk.

I am surprised Sportsnet would be allowing someone to get plastered like that on one of their shows.
it seems they took it down can't find it anywhere

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
Wow, Kesler really wasn't liked much judging by the comments here. I'll give it a pity watch just because I don't want to believe he's as bad a guy as some suggest here. Life after hockey can't be easy for these guys so who knows maybe I can appreciate the guy more now than I did him as a player. I'll give it a try, but I have to admit the thought of Genie Bouchard in there just seems off to me. No slight on Genie, she's hot and all, but she'd just be that much more attractive if she was committed to her craft and excelling at that and doing the IG fluff stuff on the side. Seems she knows she's hot stuff and it has gotten to her a little and has the priorities a little out of whack, but what do I know.
I'm hoping that a few Canucks fans can speak to this, as I don't know if this was confirmed, but I recall hearing that when Burrows negotiating his contract as a pending UFA after his breakout season, Kesler encouraged him to take discount to help keep the team together. Burrows, coming off a 28 goal season accepted a $2M x 4 year deal. The following year, when Kesler's deal was up, he went for the home run. After his 25 goal campaign, he inked a contract worth $5M x 6 years. It seems like he just wanted Burrows to take less so he could demand more.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
it seems they took it down can't find it anywhere
Probably because he was clearly drunk.

I also am surprised they allowed him to play beer pong. There is actually a video still on Sportnet's Youtube channel of Kesler, Eugenie, and Colby playing that.

Reactions: NastyKnies

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
I'm hoping that a few Canucks fans can speak to this, as I don't know if this was confirmed, but I recall hearing that when Burrows negotiating his contract as a pending UFA after his breakout season, Kesler encouraged him to take discount to help keep the team together. Burrows, coming off a 28 goal season accepted a $2M x 4 year deal. The following year, when Kesler's deal was up, he went for the home run. After his 25 goal campaign, he inked a contract worth $5M x 6 years. It seems like he just wanted Burrows to take less so he could demand more.
Kesler did say that players should take less so that a better team could be built.

The NHLPA contacted him shortly afterwards and told him they weren't too happy with the comments he made.

I am not sure if the NHLPA then pressured him to take as much as he could on his next contract, or if Kesler was acting like a hypocrit by taking as much as he could.

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
Kesler did say that players should take less so that a better team could be built.

The NHLPA contacted him shortly afterwards and told him they weren't too happy with the comments he made.

I am not sure if the NHLPA then pressured him to take as much as he could on his next contract, or if Kesler was acting like a hypocrit by taking as much as he could.
Thanks for the insight on that. If it was the former, I hope he gave some of that cash to Burrows.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
I find it funny that during the 1st intermission, Kevin Kieksa was like:

"Kes' House this, Kes' House that. Hey everyone, go check out Kes' House".

At that very moment, if anyone had taken Bieksa's advice and went to see what was happening at "Kes' House", what they would have seen is "Kes" getting s**t-faced drunk on a live stream.

That was probably not what Sportsnet wanted.

bertuzzi2bure

Apr 14, 2021

im going to call bs on this. sounds like something some fans would piece together...

the hate for kesler here is silly.

bertuzzi2bure

Apr 14, 2021
Also, the show is trash but I love how Bieksa and Kesler are just doing their thing. They are trolling. They give 0 f*cks and are just having fun.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->