Kes’ House

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Of all the people to choose, they choose the douchiest, self-centered, f***dog out there. I also know people who have had encounters with this guy, he lives up to all the bad stuff you hear about him.

Literally no one outside of the Canuck or Ducks organization likes this clown (even people from those fanbases don't all like him).

But it's Sportsnet which is THE most out of touch companies in existence so of course they choose Kesler, an unlikeable American for a Canadian sports show, and they wonder why they lose money, ratings drop, the sport dies.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Maybe Bieksa can be on the show with him and they can both be completely unfunny and uninteresting like they’ve always been

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
I skimmed through both of the live streams during the games. The Genie Bouchard one was kinda cringe. She just really seemed out of place. I think the last one was Del Zotto, some retired NFL player for the packers? It seemed a lot better.

nucksflailtogether

Oct 15, 2017
Of all the people to choose, they choose the douchiest, self-centered, f***dog out there. I also know people who have had encounters with this guy, he lives up to all the bad stuff you hear about him.

Literally no one outside of the Canuck or Ducks organization likes this clown (even people from those fanbases don't all like him).

But it's Sportsnet which is THE most out of touch companies in existence so of course they choose Kesler, an unlikeable American for a Canadian sports show, and they wonder why they lose money, ratings drop, the sport dies.

Even when he was on the Canucks I really started to dislike his whole persona. Especially after the cup finals year, for some stupid reason he reverted back to diving and whining when he had seemingly turned the corner for the sake of the team in the previous season, leading him to becoming a selke finalist and 40 goal scorer and playoff warrior. But I guess that success was too much work so he reverted back to being a skilled pest who pissed off referees.

bertuzzi2bure

Apr 14, 2021

Encounters with him? You mean meet him on the street for 5 seconds and probably bust his balls for an autograph?

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006
Didn’t like him as a player and not exactly fond of him as a person so yeah no way Im watching this.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Encounters with him? You mean meet him on the street for 5 seconds and probably bust his balls for an autograph?

I mean I can pm you the details because I won't post all of his laundry here, but no.

Also Kesler is the last person I would want an autograph from, him crying getting Silver in 2010 and losing in 2011 finals were two of the most glorious moments in sports.

Reactions: NastyKnies

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
Began watching expecting inane/ uninteresting babbling from Kesler alongside a cringeworthy ambience, a wanna-be talk show about the world of sport if you will (but hideously miscast), and I wasn't disappointed.

It also has a lot of reality TV elements that I absolutely abhor. The 20 minutes I invested into this show have been lost forever, and I will not watch again. Viewer's regret this time around for sure.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
They should have a Kes and Mess show where Ryan Kesler and Mark Messier just sit at a table and talk about how great they are/were. At the end someone will come in and compliment them on their humbleness.
Gretzky can come into the room and tell them how much better at hockey they were than he was.

Satoru Gojo

Jan 15, 2012
Why on earth did they bring Genie Bouchard? If your looking for female representation there are far better human beings to choose from

Pretty bad concept of skit though, Sportsnet finds new way's to look bad everyday

Yackiberg8

Mar 11, 2016
Halifax
Because in all three cases you've got washed up dudebros trying to parlay the fact they were in the NHL into a media career and substituting mind-numbing reminiscences about the time they got another former NHL player to buy them dinner or whatever for hockey analysis and charisma?

I like hearing from former players like Mike Johnson and Dominic Moore who are engaging speakers and have made an effort to improve their knowledge of the game since retiring, but the content genre of ~listen to me, I was in the NHL, did I tell you I was in the NHL, let me ramble about golf, the code, fishing and the time I was in the NHL~ holds zero appeal for me.
I'm sorry you were bullied so much growing up.

Yackiberg8

Mar 11, 2016
Halifax
I mean I can pm you the details because I won't post all of his laundry here, but no.

Also Kesler is the last person I would want an autograph from, him crying getting Silver in 2010 and losing in 2011 finals were two of the most glorious moments in sports.
Spill it.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Why on earth did they bring Genie Bouchard? If your looking for female representation there are far better human beings to choose from

Pretty bad concept of skit though, Sportsnet finds new way's to look bad everyday

Genie is probably the best known female Canadian athlete, that's why. I don't know why one of the posters in here said she is "a garbage human", maybe jealousy because she is a hot chick who posts thirst posts on Instagram. I don't know what she has done that makes her so bad, who cares if she doesn't take Tennis seriously and would rather post on Insta, that doesn't make her a bad person.

The entire premise and everything about the show is dumb though. The main person is an unlikable douchebag American and the big guest that they promote every commercial break is f***ing Post Malone, who the hell is their audience? Oh yeah, also the network is a Canadian sports network. Like what the f***. They fire a bunch of employees, make cuts because of budget and then they fund this bullshit and give money to Kesler et al.?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->