kenny ryan

DuncanMacpherson

Apr 6, 2010
could he crack the leafs 4th line next season? his stats have improved a lot this year but they still arnt great, could someone whos seen his progression first hand tell me what he brings to the table?

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
Simply put, no.

He'll problably play in the AHL, and get tons of opportunity because our system is relatively weak in terms of right wingers.

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
could he crack the leafs 4th line next season? his stats have improved a lot this year but they still arnt great, could someone whos seen his progression first hand tell me what he brings to the table?

He brings a great defensive game, hard work, strong anticipation and is a beast down low. He's not the biggest guy out there height wise, but he's solid. Works the boards extremely well. Keeps his engine going all the time, and can chip in offensively also. Capable of lining up on the wing and at center. The Spitfires are using him as a center.

Is a fan favourite in Windsor.

Leafsfan64

Nov 20, 2010
Simply put, no.

He'll problably play in the AHL, and get tons of opportunity because our system is relatively weak in terms of right wingers.

Not really...

Frattin, D'Amigo, Dale Mitchell.

If I were a betting's man, I'd say that Ryan is going back for his overrage year in the O.

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
Not really...

Frattin, D'Amigo, Dale Mitchell.

If I were a betting's man, I'd say that Ryan is going back for his overrage year in the O.

He's been playing center, and doing a bang-up job. He's versatile so he may be able to find a role in the AHL.

Dizzy

May 24, 2003
Windsor, ON
Visit site

Stats aren't what you should be looking at with Kenny Ryan, yes he's scoring some in junior but he's not an offensive oriented guy. His skill is that of a grinder, energy guy. He will do all the dirty work, digging in corners, hard hits and he's usually out against the other team's first line. Kenny's got decent size and a great work ethic but I think he'll need a couple seasons in the AHL before he can transition his game to the NHL level.

DuncanMacpherson

Apr 6, 2010
is he considered to be a bit of a weak second round pick for the stacked 2009 draft class? Is there a chance burke doesn't offer him a contract? if the draft was re-done where abouts would he be drafted?

hdtrax

Stats aren't what you should be looking at with Kenny Ryan, yes he's scoring some in junior but he's not an offensive oriented guy. His skill is that of a grinder, energy guy. He will do all the dirty work, digging in corners, hard hits and he's usually out against the other team's first line. Kenny's got decent size and a great work ethic but I think he'll need a couple seasons in the AHL before he can transition his game to the NHL level.

our next Joey Crabb by the sound of it :sarcasm:

SpItFiReZ

Jan 4, 2004
I think Ryan fits in exactly with what Burke wants for the organization.

High on character, tons of grit, great defensively, aggressive, has turned into a hell of a hitter, awesome pk'er, one of the best players along the boards, versatile.

He won't be a top 6 guy but a hell of a third line player and anchor the PK.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->