TSN: Kenny Intermission Interview at Sportchek Super Series

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I'm watching the Super Series game between Finland and Canada, Kenny got interviewed at the second intermission.. figured I would let people in on what was said for those not watching:

- talked about draft to start... really happy with their picks, Zadina too good to pass up, gotta score in the NHL to win. Zadina, Rasmussen, Larkin, Mantha are the core going forward and can score. Loves that Rasmussen has size, hands and hockey sense, going to help the PP a lot/multi dimnesional player.

- at this tournament watching their own players (says there is 6 here) but mentions draft eligibles Jack Hughes and Lavoie. Also keeping up on their assessments of past players to see if they were right or wrong.

-Holland likes to golf and his Mom lives in Vernon BC

Not a tonne to get outta this but its August so I figured I would post it. Thought it was kind of interesting that he said Larkin, Rasmussen, Zadina and Mantha are the core going forward. Might be the most positive thing said about Mantha in the media

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Watched it, too. Can’t believe she didn’t ask about Zetterberg.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
KH likes the word obviously so much he'll use it twice in the same sentence.

marcmadsen

Sep 29, 2016
No mention of AA being part of the core? :(

Noticed that as well. Although, I can't say I'm surprised. I know a lot of posters around here feel like AA should be, but I just don't see it in him. He's a bit too one dimensional, albeit that dimension is quite good. I think it's more about his personality, I don't think he has it in him to be a core guy. Hope I'm wrong, but we'll see I guess

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
He does, she is the one that makes trade and free agent decisions in return for laundry and meals!
It all makes sense now.

Mrs. Holland: That Tomas Vanek is a cutie pie. He reminds me of Danny Cleary...

Kenny!!!

Ken Holland: Yes, Mom?

Mrs. Holland: You sign that young man this instant!

Ken Holland: Yes, Mom.

Reactions: Oddbob and Solarion

Solarion

Jul 27, 2018
It all makes sense now.

Mrs. Holland: That Tomas Vanek is a cutie pie. He reminds me of Danny Cleary...

Kenny!!!

Ken Holland: Yes, Mom?

Mrs. Holland: You sign that young man this instant!

Ken Holland: Yes, Mom.
So what you're saying is we have to arrange for Kenny Holland's mom to "accidentally" meet Justin Faulk and Erik Karlsson?

Reactions: jkutswings

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
That would be just like Chelios.

Didn't Avery live with Chelios and get kicked out because he'd get drunk and trash the place?

... Pretty sure if you get drunk enough that CHELIOS has to give you the boot, you've got issues.

Reactions: Oddbob

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->