Player Discussion Kenny Agostino

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Kenny Agostino (0.53) has a better points-per-game average then Alex Galchenyuk (0.52).

Points aren't everything.

Max Pacioretty has the most points of any LW on Vegas yet he might be a healthy scratch their next game.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Points aren't everything.

Max Pacioretty has the most points of any LW on Vegas yet he might be a healthy scratch their next game.

I know and I take Galchenyuk way before Agostino but your points for pts aren't everything is not really good there because Agostino is the one that brings more then just offense. This being said I know that at the end of the year, Galchenyuk will have way more points then Galchenyuk

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Deslauriers and Hudon are really in trouble IMO, When Armia is back, one of those should be sent down, Agostino is much better than those 2 while Chaput is a good PKer and much smarter hockey player than Deslauriers...

Reactions: Fixxer

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
It does, but he took the opportunity that was given to him to deserve a spot in the lineup. He does more than Deslauriers, Hudon, Peca and Armia offensively.

I said at the time He was just starting to gel with KK and Lehk when he got bumped for Byron. It's good to have that option available seeing Paul is still hampered by something as he has left the ice in his two previous games.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
It does, but he took the opportunity that was given to him to deserve a spot in the lineup. He does more than Deslauriers, Hudon, Peca and Armia offensively.

I'll have to *gulp* give CJ some credit for that. I didn't want Agostino on the PP as much as everyone else but it seems like he's making good with the opportunity so far. I thought CJ was stubbornly rewarding a hard working guy when a more skilled guy should've been there.

malton

Feb 17, 2009
Deslauriers and Hudon are really in trouble IMO, When Armia is back, one of those should be sent down, Agostino is much better than those 2 while Chaput is a good PKer and much smarter hockey player than Deslauriers...

*A penalty killer. He's not very good at all.

Ebony Mackenzie

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
It wasn’t until he scored his first goal and they showed his face on the jumbotron that I realized he was the guy I saw with Drouin as I passed them on the sidewalk in Vancouver. Lol.

But yeah, he’s done his job well and has shown progress. Nice surprise if he keeps this up.

Reactions: mariolemieux66

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Peca, Deslauriers, or Hudon. Its looking like Hudon.

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
I like both Agostino and Chaput. Both are solid defensively and can play the body. Both are good forechecking forwards with speed. I’m not sure about Peca just yet. His defensively lapses resulted in turnovers and goals.

Hudon might find his way in waivers soon.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Deslauriers' forcheck makes alot of noise. The boards rattle, and the player usually takes a knock. But guess what, the puck is out of the zone.

When agostino forchecks, he takes the body too, except the puck is still in the zone, and when he has the puck, he looks like he can do something with it. What has struck me lately is his puck protection ability. I didn't think he had that in him.

Right now, he is currently playing like a 4th liner who should be higher in the lineup, but that's what you look for in your bottom guys.... Guys who can be utility players rather just strict 4th liners.

He should adopt this as his style if we wants to stick in the NHL. It's night and day to the player we saw when he got called up in a more skill/top 6 role.

It's not a difficult decision for him. Play the top 6 game and get sent to the ahl, or play the high energy, forcheck game stick on an NHL roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->