Player Discussion Kenny Agostino

Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Honestly him and the entire 4th line have been money the last few games. They are all big, and can skate. They are relentless on the forcheck.

Although they don't have top 9 puck skills, they all can play the game more than your typical 4th liners from years past.

Reactions: Adriatic
Aug 25, 2009
éal
Not sold on him. Last year people were raving about Hudon. Two years ago we were all fond of Daniel Carr. Those bottom six forward come and goes.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Not sold on him. Last year people were raving about Hudon. Two years ago we were all fond of Daniel Carr. Those bottom six forward come and goes.

Agostino doesn't have their offensive talent, but he's more reliable. He plays a sound all around game. He's a modern day 4th liner: doesn't have the offense, but is responsible defensively, has speed, and at least isn't lost in the offensive zone.

He's similar to Bryan Flynn and Torrey Mitchell, but better. He's very different than Carr and Hudon. Those two are great offensively, but slow as molasses.

Reactions: tazsub3

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Kenny is a 3rd liner tops, and he's playing like one right now. I like his hands, which are subtle and efficient. I like his decision making and his physical tools, too. He's never going to score 20, but he can become a very good two-way bottom six forward. And what others have said is true, he could become the flavour of the season like Carr was, etc. That doesn't concern me, for now he's killing it and CJ is obviously having a good impact on him.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
He's difficult to separate from the puck...smart player, makes up for less than ideal foot speed with being strong and well positioned.

Reactions: King In Glory

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Agostino is a hard worker , always noticeable , has way better offensive instincts than Deslauriers.

My 4th line is:

Agostino - Chaput/Peca - Peca/Chaput

Hudon doesn't fit on the 4th line and I really don't like Deslauriers game. I think Chaput gets waived once Armia is back , assuming no new injuries.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Agostino is a hard worker , always noticeable , has way better offensive instincts than Deslauriers.

My 4th line is:

Agostino - Chaput/Peca - Peca/Chaput

Hudon doesn't fit on the 4th line and I really don't like Deslauriers game. I think Chaput gets waived once Armia is back , assuming no new injuries.
I think Deslauriers is the perfect spare forward...he doesn't need to play every game, but he's good to have around for specific matchups or when you want to change the dynamic.

Hudon's just being wasted and he's a few days away from being another player lost on waivers.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
I think Deslauriers is the perfect spare forward...he doesn't need to play every game, but he's good to have around for specific matchups or when you want to change the dynamic.

Hudon's just being wasted and he's a few days away from being another player lost on waivers.

Yeah, part of me doesn't want to lose Hudon , I find strong chemistry on a the 4th line can really energize the rest of the team.
It's really a shame as he isn't playing better than anybody in our top 9 and simply doesn't have any business on the 4th line.

Reactions: 417

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Agostino doesn't have their offensive talent, but he's more reliable. He plays a sound all around game. He's a modern day 4th liner: doesn't have the offense, but is responsible defensively, has speed, and at least isn't lost in the offensive zone.

He's similar to Bryan Flynn and Torrey Mitchell, but better. He's very different than Carr and Hudon. Those two are great offensively, but slow as molasses.
Well he did win an ahl scoring title, so you need offensive flair to outscore the whole league wherever one plays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad