Player Discussion Kenny Agostino

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
I like him better than Hudon and obviously Deslauriers, same for Chaput, better fourth liner than Hudon who isnt skilled and strong enough to be a quality NHLer...

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
This guy has skill...You don't put up 83 points in the AHL if you don't have hands and an offensive touch.

There was a moment during the game where he carried the puck and stick handled while surrounded by 3 players making a zone entry. He made the entry and kept possession, passed it back to the D I think. I thought he had good hands and good smarts to make that play. I like him so far. Chaput, dagostino and DLO is a 4th line i'd want to see for a run of games.

Reactions: Belial

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Underrated hands carrying the puck, and the IQ to know that his limits in that department. Very good 4th liner, no real flaw. He's 26, and he could be a Weise like player as another person has said.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Hudon has more pts in the nhl then agostino total games played
We clearly saw Hudon's unability to be a top 6 player when given the chance to play with Drou and Domi and lately he had the opportunity to contribute on the third line with Kotka and Lehko where he failed too since that third line wasnt generating anything offensively while being flawed defensively, Byron jumped in and surprise surprise, that third line is coming alive again... Where do you play him tell me? On the fourth line? Just not strong and consistent enough game after game, Agostino brings more consistency...

Reactions: Agalloch

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
One of those ahl/nhl tweeners that are good to have when injuries occur, much better option than Hudon. I said before the season I did not think Hudon was nhl material and got flamed. Imo not skilled and fast enough for top 6 and not physical enough for bottom 6.

Reactions: Goldenhands

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Agostino looked great in Laval. Best forward on the team. My concern was his game wouldn't translate to the NHL, that his fancy moves and physical leaps through the opposing D would be short-circuited by stronger, faster NHL dmen. To his credit, he's adjusted nicely, holds onto the puck well and generates chances.

He's also fast. There was a moment last night when Agostino barrelled into the o-zone pursuing the puck looking like he was Byron.

Like Kulak, you wonder where his plateau is and how much he'll regress when the adrenaline slows down. So far, so good...

Reactions: Habs Icing

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I wonder how come they haven't given the Habs the cup yet this year. This board is going mental.

I know. I just hate when fans get a bit excited when we win a few games. We should be stoic at best and base line MB hating until we win the Cup. Everything else is loser behaviour. Enjoyment and VERY SMALL over excitement over role players is decadence and destines you for a life of disappointment and mediocrity.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
The guy is doing an awesome job
I think he has come to realize that he is a 4th liner and that's what he must do in order to stay in the league
I think he is a perfect player/style for our team with great work effort/energy

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
We clearly saw Hudon's unability to be a top 6 player when given the chance to play with Drou and Domi and lately he had the opportunity to contribute on the third line with Kotka and Lehko where he failed too since that third line wasnt generating anything offensively while being flawed defensively, Byron jumped in and surprise surprise, that third line is coming alive again... Where do you play him tell me? On the fourth line? Just not strong and consistent enough game after game, Agostino brings more consistency...

Sucks for Hudon but his skating is an issue. He does have good hockey sense and good hands but lacks skating.

Hudon remains me of Andrighetto.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Sucks for Hudon but his skating is an issue. He does have good hockey sense and good hands but lacks skating.

Hudon remains me of Andrighetto.
if there's one thing Ghetto has it's skating actually...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad