Recalled/Assigned: Kenny Agostino, ermergency basis.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
why would they be dumping him in the off-season? He's easily been one of the top players on the farm club the last year and a half; he needs to be a little stronger to make the NHL in my opinion, but he has all the other tools.

I agree. I think it's more so to see if allows them to move on from a player like Jooris (much as I like him).

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
There's no reason to get rid of a guy like Agostino. If we want the AHL to be a viable place to develop prospects, it requires that a) guys can work on their game in the minors and know that success in the AHL leads to opportunities with the organization and b) that the team is good enough that the players can play in a competitive environment.

If a prospect ends up being nothing more than just a very good AHLer, that's still something that is useful for the organization.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
If a prospect ends up being nothing more than just a very good AHLer, that's still something that is useful for the organization.

As long as they are not your first rounders ;)

Anyway, he played decent tonight, created several chances.

Snazu

I contribute nothing
Feb 2, 2007
It's hilarious that a guy that was 6th, 3rd, 2nd and 2nd in his first to fourth years in his team scoring in college and was almost a PPG with 132 points in 134 games, then the leading scorer for the Flames ahl team for the last 2 seasons is being called garabge.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
It's hilarious that a guy that was 6th, 3rd, 2nd and 2nd in his first to fourth years in his team scoring in college and was almost a PPG with 132 points in 134 games, then the leading scorer for the Flames ahl team for the last 2 seasons is being called garabge.
year 3 of College was also a national championship team on which he was a pivotal player, especially in the championship game.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
I was gonna say... Why on earth would we get rid of him if he can't crack our lineup? If anything he brings competition and a vet presence to our AHL squad. He's gotten very underrated in the past year.

Snazu

I contribute nothing
Feb 2, 2007
I hear he's got really good vision and can see into both corners at the same time!
wKC10wc.gif

But seriously, I think he's a guy that's going to crack our lineup next season and be a decent 2nd, 3rd liner. I think the Stempniak comparisons are fairly close

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad