Kennedy

PredragD

May 5, 2011
He was brought in as an informant in case they play the Pens in the Finals.

He is probably the last forward on the depth chart currently.

ChubbChubby

Using tilt controls!
Nov 28, 2009
San Francisco, CA
His hockey IQ is low and he's the opposite of a possession player, which is a bad thing for a puck possession team.

He's probably only above the AHL callups in terms of depth.

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
Great pick-up. Really. He had a history of being a third liner and he is fast and gets pucks to the net, but he hasn't fit in yet. Hertl and Nieto weren't guarantees to make it, Havlat has a tendency to get hurt, Wingles showed promise, but hand't put it together, Sheppard hadn't really shown promise, Burish isn't great, and Brown wasn't here.

At the start of the year we had:

Top 6: Thornton, Marleau, Couture, Pavelski, Burns (5)
Top 9 if healthy: Havlat (6)
Likely top 9: Torres, Wingels (8)
4th line: Burish, Desjardins, Sheppard (11)

Rookie potential roster: Hertl, Nieto, Hamilton
Call up: Kearns, McCarthy

Kennedy despite his (now, to me) apparent flaws still could have ended up on our third line fairly easily, and having a 27 year-old cup winner (as part of Pens third line), isn't a bad person to have for depth.

I'd rather get rid of Burish for cap space, as he may find a spot more effectively next year (though I doubt Sheppard, Nieto, Hertl aren't going anywhere). If not, I could see him going to a team like Edmonton for a early 3th/4th, or another team with a bad bottom 6.

New depth:
Top 6: Hertl, Thornton, Burns, Marleau, Couture, Nieto, Pavelski, Wingels
Top 6 scratched: Havlat
Bottom 6: Torres, Desi, Sheppard, Brown
Depth: Burish, Kennedy
Call Ups: Hamilton, Kearns, McArthur

Timos Death Stare

Seek and Destroy
Aug 9, 2008
CA
Great pick-up. Really. He had a history of being a third liner and he is fast and gets pucks to the net, but he hasn't fit in yet. Hertl and Nieto weren't guarantees to make it, Havlat has a tendency to get hurt, Wingles showed promise, but hand't put it together, Sheppard hadn't really shown promise, Burish isn't great, and Brown wasn't here.

At the start of the year we had:

Top 6: Thornton, Marleau, Couture, Pavelski, Burns (5)
Top 9 if healthy: Havlat (6)
Likely top 9: Torres, Wingels (8)
4th line: Burish, Desjardins, Sheppard (11)

Rookie potential roster: Hertl, Nieto, Hamilton
Call up: Kearns, McCarthy

Kennedy despite his (now, to me) apparent flaws still could have ended up on our third line fairly easily, and having a 27 year-old cup winner (as part of Pens third line), isn't a bad person to have for depth.

I'd rather get rid of Burish for cap space, as he may find a spot more effectively next year (though I doubt Sheppard, Nieto, Hertl aren't going anywhere). If not, I could see him going to a team like Edmonton for a early 3th/4th, or another team with a bad bottom 6.

New depth:
Top 6: Hertl, Thornton, Burns, Marleau, Couture, Nieto, Pavelski, Wingels
Top 6 scratched: Havlat
Bottom 6: Torres, Desi, Sheppard, Brown
Depth: Burish, Kennedy
Call Ups: Hamilton, Kearns, McArthur

I agree with your statements with one exception - I think Sheppard is one of the more likely candidates to get traded as part of a package for a LD. He is showing value both towards the end of last season as well as in the playoffs (when he isn't losing faceoffs).

While our D is holding up against LA, I worry how they would do against a much faster team like CHI, STL, or COL.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I was just about to post a thread wondering what you guys in San Jose think of Tyler Kennedy? Personally, I'm glad to see him off the pens :P

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad