Recalled/Assigned: Kenins - Emergency Recall

KeninsFan

Fire Benning already
Feb 6, 2012
I really hope not. Kenin's from last season was a player with a lot of potential. Is he really that clueless when it comes to defense?

Kenins can play defense - he got away from what made him successful in management's eyes (physicality on the forecheck/motor) in the latter stages of last season after an injury.

I think he's rebounded in the second half of Utica though. He is still a very serviceable LW at the AHL level and those players are always nice to have in the system.

Karl Hungus

Oct 6, 2007
Kenins can play defense - he got away from what made him successful in management's eyes (physicality on the forecheck/motor) in the latter stages of last season after an injury.

I think he's rebounded in the second half of Utica though. He is still a very serviceable LW at the AHL level and those players are always nice to have in the system.

Yeah, his physical play did fall off a lot after he got run into the boards chasing down a puck. I thought Kenins, Horvat and Hansen worked well together with Kenins dishing those craft passes but Hansen probably deserves more credit for the success of that line than he's been given.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
How ****ing moronic does management have to be to give up on a guy for having a poor training camp after showing so much promise the previous year? Especially when it's looking more and more like the problems were possibly injury related and is showing that same promise again.

Kenins should be getting groomed to becoming a permanent 4th liner on this team, possibly eventually becoming a 3rd liner. He's a significantly better hockey player than Etem, Granlund, Vey, Dorsett, Prust, Cracknell or god knows what.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Yeah, I like him as a call-up option and as someone who can fight for a 4th line role in camp but I think he's done here as a Gillis guy who hasn't done enough to force them to re-sign him.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Lasts game of the year. Reunite Burrows with the twins (might be the last time we see them together) which allows us to reunite Kenins Bo and Hansen. Couldn't care less about the other six forwards.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Lasts game of the year. Reunite Burrows with the twins (might be the last time we see them together) which allows us to reunite Kenins Bo and Hansen. Couldn't care less about the other six forwards.

Agreed on Burrows/Sedins.

Don't care about the rest. Probably Kenins' last game here, not really too worried where he plays.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
I think there's enough here with Kenins for him to get a spot next year, but I don't think Benning thinks highly of him.

Fat Tony

Fire Benning
Nov 28, 2011
How ****ing moronic does management have to be to give up on a guy for having a poor training camp after showing so much promise the previous year?

1.Make up mind on player. 2. Start looking for reasons to justify opinion.

Seattle Totems

Apr 14, 2010
How ****ing moronic does management have to be to give up on a guy for having a poor training camp after showing so much promise the previous year? Especially when it's looking more and more like the problems were possibly injury related and is showing that same promise again.

Kenins should be getting groomed to becoming a permanent 4th liner on this team, possibly eventually becoming a 3rd liner. He's a significantly better hockey player than Etem, Granlund, Vey, Dorsett, Prust, Cracknell or god knows what.

They did the same thing to Corrado. Typical clown show asset management from Benning. Give away serviceable depth for nothing and trade assets to acquire waiver wire quality replacements.

Kenins is yet another fan favourite to boot. Management can't stop chipping away at the fanbase. Who would have imagined the TV ratings declining to a third of what they were before this team was a contender? The Canucks golden boy has turned this franchise into a complete joke in less than two years.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Most of our players look lousy. Doesn't stop Bartowski, Vey and Granlund from getting minutes spoonfed to them. If Jim spent a draft pick on acquiring Kenins he probably spends the entire year on the big club whether he deserved it or not.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
They did the same thing to Corrado. Typical clown show asset management from Benning. Give away serviceable depth for nothing and trade assets to acquire waiver wire quality replacements.

Kenins is yet another fan favourite to boot. Management can't stop chipping away at the fanbase. Who would have imagined the TV ratings declining to a third of what they were before this team was a contender? The Canucks golden boy has turned this franchise into a complete joke in less than two years.

Fan favourite? Kenins is nothing. The amount of love a 25 year old "prospect" that has 4 goals this year is embarrassing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->