GDT: Ken Holland Press Conference (Dave Tippett officially named head coach - 11am MT - May 28, 2019)

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
In the press videos/interviews, it sounds like the same platitudes from Tippet as with the previous two coaches ("accountability"..."communication"... "try to make the playoffs every year", etc.). Business as usual.

The press conference did have maybe one question about the pissed-off fanbase, but I was surprised there weren't more.

I guess we'll see how Tippett holds up when it's -30 in January, the team has lost six in a row, and he has to face the media's asinine questions.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
In the press videos/interviews, it sounds like the same platitudes from Tippet as with the previous two coaches ("accountability"..."communication"... "try to make the playoffs every year", etc.). Business as usual.

The press conference did have maybe one question about the pissed-off fanbase, but I was surprised there weren't more.

I guess we'll see how Tippett holds up when it's -30 in January, the team has lost six in a row, and he has to face the media's asinine questions.
Would you rather they say stuff like “not worried about playoffs”

What do you expect him to say, every coach says that

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
"Everyone else says it. Why can't I?"

I mean, yeah, if you want to start off by setting the bar as low as possible.
Every coach preaches accountability and communication.

This isn’t a new thing.

This is like crying about body language for no reason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad