Ken Holland on Puck Daddy

Actual Thought*

Too bad the Wings prospects are less valuable than other similarly ranked prospects. Their lack of NHL experience and age hurts their trade value.

Your posts make absolutely no sense. Almost everything you say is contradicted by Ken Holland's actions.

How so? Please enlighten me with the logic that leads you to believe Holland is a bad GM.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Not all prospects make the NHL. Even if they do well at the AHL.

Lack of NHL production and higher age make players harder to trade away.

Ironically increased AHL experience and increased age add to the experience levels of players to make them better NHL players (Tatar was not ready 4 years ago, not 3 not 2, but he is now).

Its a choice. Holland "ripens" his prospects. It both makes them better, and lowers their trade value. I don't care about the trade value, if we are trying to get them to make the team.

Kyleftlx

twitter*****/kyle_ftl
May 9, 2010
Michigan!
Not all prospects make the NHL. Even if they do well at the AHL.

Lack of NHL production and higher age make players harder to trade away.

Ironically increased AHL experience and increased age add to the experience levels of players to make them better NHL players (Tatar was not ready 4 years ago, not 3 not 2, but he is now).

Its a choice. Holland "ripens" his prospects. It both makes them better, and lowers their trade value. I don't care about the trade value, if we are trying to get them to make the team.

I don't know how Tatar wasn't ready in 2013... the guy killed it for Grand Rapids in the playoffs and looked good in his call up to Detroit. It's not like his numbers in his first 18 games of 2014 are any better statistically in 2014 vs. 2013. Obviously, there's more that goes into it than just straight up numbers, and for all I know the advanced stats could support your point better than the basic g/a/p/+- stats indicate, but I definitely think that Tatar could have been helpful to Detroit in the 2013 playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad