Ken Holland End of Season Press Conference

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Other than things that were in all those tweets in the other thread. at about 21 minutes he talked about the possibility of packaging two of our late seconds/early third to move up if there's a player they like that slides.

Edit:It starts at 21:20. not 22.

Last edited:

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Other than things that were in all those tweets in the other thread. at about 22 minutes he talked about the possibility of packaging two of our late seconds/early third to move up if there's a player they like that slides.

Oh. That’s actually interesting!

SimonEdvinssonAtSix

It's possible to commit no mistakes and still lose
Nov 2, 2018
Anyone want to cliff note 44 minutes of tire kicking, and we like our team?

Young guys have opportunity (specifically on D) but need vets to help them transition into NHL regulars.
Wants to explore the market this summer to improve team, UFA / Trades.
Mentioned trading up in draft ( 2 round type of stuff )
Seemed to indicate they are only big fish hunting although did mention possibility of acquiring vets ( on short term deals)
Hinted at big game UFA hunting next off season as well, mentioned cap space is there.
Said Larkin is leading candidate for C but wanted to wait to announce anything.
Seemed to indicate he wants to be GM until someone tells him he is not GM
Said he thinks Kronwall can play another year on 3rd pairing and fill in for injured players, will talk with him soon.
Talked alot about adding more young talent, giving them a shot while making sure they earn it.
Emphasized drafting and development.

Reactions: hkydave04

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Young guys have opportunity (specifically on D) but need vets to help them transition into NHL regulars.
Wants to explore the market this summer to improve team, UFA / Trades.
Mentioned trading up in draft ( 2 round type of stuff )
Seemed to indicate they are only big fish hunting although did mention possibility of acquiring vets ( on short term deals)
Hinted at big game UFA hunting next off season as well, mentioned cap space is there.
Said Larkin is leading candidate for C but wanted to wait to announce anything.
Seemed to indicate he wants to be GM until someone tells him he is not GM
Said he thinks Kronwall can play another year on 3rd pairing and fill in for injured players, will talk with him soon.
Talked alot about adding more young talent, giving them a shot while making sure they earn it.
Emphasized drafting and development.

Nothing like Ken "Mixed Message" Holland.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
EK is a first ballot HOF #1D IN HIS PRIME! You guys are out of control with the Larkin love....

EK is quite far from 1st Ballot HOF at this point, he may get there, but he is not yet. He is about to turn 29, has major issues with where his knees will be, and has 563 PTS in 680 GP and 2 Norris's. The point totals are not HOF worthy right now, that and he is pretty bad defensively for what he is. 2 Norris Trophy's don't make you a HOF, especially not 1st Ballot with that low of point totals.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
If EK65 comes here he can have the C I don't think Larkin gives a crap about a "C" and not in a bad way. Larkin would love to wear the 'C" but I'm sure he's fine with an "A" or even nothing. The kid is a competitor and just wants to win so if bringing in EK65 and giving him the C is the way to get him Larkin wouldn't bat an eye and would be ecstatic getting one of the best d-men in the league. just my 2 cents

Reactions: Tiesgo2vets

AnotherDimwit

Sep 13, 2007
Grand Blanc, MI
EK would be huge of course and deserving of an A, but Larkin has been here and has become a team leader on top of being a local kid. It isn't even about best player for me, it's all the intangibles, the fact he's always been a Wing, the fact that hes here for the long term. We've had 3 captains since 1986. I'd like the 4th to wear that C for a long time as well.

Reactions: Sentinel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad