Ken Holland Appreciation Thread

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Some of these low $ signings are good but they are the bare minimum a well run team should be doing. If the bar for being a well run team is making these lower risk signings and not doing anything blatantly stupid, that is a pretty low bar

Wont be a Debbie Downer and I like the moves, but they are to be expected. I guess we have just seen such horrible GMs in the past that any small win is to be cherished. However hopefully in the past these type of low risk, smart signings are standard procedure

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
What’s this??? A GM with patience? Gets quality players to sign here without overpaying and throwing out NMC clauses? What kind of witchcraft is this? Human sacrifice! Dogs and cats living together! Mass hysteria!
Wuhan flu?

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
He's basically been pinned down with no cap space in both offseasons and had made a lot of smart moves.

But we are waiting on Bear still. I think hes got some leverage there

I bet the fate of Klefbom might affect the contract. If its looking like just a short thing, maybe 1 year at low AAV. If Klef is out on LTIR then maybe more cash and term

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Healthy Klefa and this team is a contender IMO.

Nurse-Barrie
Klefbom-Larsson
Jones-Bear
Russell

RNH-McD-Yamamoto
Kahun-Drai-Puljujarvi
Ennis-Turris-Kassian
Neal-Khaira-Archibald
Chiasson
Nygard
Haas
Quin?(kid from Lames)

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Outside of the Smith signing there's not much to complain about. Holland has done a solid job of upgrading this team. Cautiously optimistic at the moment. If the team clicks and gains momentum early this could be a really fun season. Barrie adds another dimension to this team and the forward depth allows us to put pressure on opponents and never allow them to rest, even when McDrai are off the ice. This could be a really good team. Just hope goaltending won't be our undoing. I think there's also a big risk that Yamamoto and Bear take significant steps back, but at least we have some options now that could cover for them if they are slumping.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Defense and goaltending are still questions, especially the latter.

The forward corps looks good at least.

Its a bit of a worry because questionable GA, and lots of GA can be deflating. We've seen in happen before. But the team needs to be learning to have more resilence, belieiving in the added run support and getting goals back.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->