News Article: Kempe's debut, Weal's call up, and much more

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
AHL: Monarchs Win In Kempe’s Debut

With three regular season games left in regulation, and having already locked up the best record in the AHL, the Manchester Monarchs don’t have much left to play for before the playoffs start. As other junior, college, and European teams seasons end, some players have made their way into the professional ranks in North America. The LA Kings signed Jonny Brodzinski, Adrian Kempe, and Alex Lintuniemi to entry level deals, while all three joined the Manchester Monarchs. On Friday, Kempe, the Kings 2014 1st round pick, made his North American debut, while Lintuniemi drew into his second straight game for the team.

Full recap of the game, with analysis of Kempe and Lintuniemi, plus full quotes from the latter.

Adrian Kempe Postgame Comments Following his U.S. Debut

Even with the Kings not qualifying for the Stanley Cup Playoffs, there continues to be a plethora of action surrounding their AHL affiliate in Manchester, including the debut of 2014 first round draft pick Adrian Kempe on Friday night. Rob Blake spoke with MayorsManor about the most recent high-end prospect to sign an entry level contract here. Now, here is what the 18-year old forward had to share with us after playing 12:06 in his U.S. debut…

Quotes from Kempe and coach Mike Stothers on his debut.

Jordan Weal on Not Playing in LA, Being Back in Manchester

The recent adventures of Jordan Weal have been nothing short of perplexing. After once again being among the leading goal scorers for the Manchester Monarchs, and often nights their most consistent player, the Kings recalled their 2010 third round draft pick late last week, with the general assumption that he would make his NHL debut in the team’s regular season finale at Staples Center last Saturday.

Weal talks about his call up and not playing, plus about possibly getting Nick Shore back in Manch.

More content tomorrow. Remember, Monarchs are dominant in the AHL, so you still have a team to cheer for. :)

yankeeking

Jun 4, 2007
I.E.
thanks for this ............pretending to root for other teams sux, except rooting for the jets lol

cali101

Nov 23, 2014
well that confirms that they did fly out weal's family so they must've been planning to play him and not just help him collect a pay check or whatever. sounds like it was sutter's choice. weal being positive about the whole experience. hopefully the monarchs can grab that calder!

PJ Kings Hockey

Oct 15, 2013
I still feel bad that Weal's family paid to fly out to see their boy play in his first NHL game only to see him made a healthy scratch for a meaningless game.

Good recap, CNS. After seeing the highlights I couldn't believe that Weal saw Auger coming up behind him and made that drop pass. Amazing. I love Weal's playmaking. It would be wasted on wingers who couldn't finish, though.

Also, I was pretty happy go see the pieces with Weal and Kempe. Weal has an amazing attitude though I think he must have been pretty disappointed. Kempe's funny, showing that confidence in himself.

(Should I just call Lintuniemi Bird to save on typing?)

It's really good to have this excitement in Manchester to keep us distracted from the bad news happening right now with the Kings.

cali101

Nov 23, 2014
It's really good to have this excitement in Manchester to keep us distracted from the bad news happening right now with the Kings.

aint that the truth :shakehead

go monarchs! :yo:

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
I still feel bad that Weal's family paid to fly out to see their boy play in his first NHL game only to see him made a healthy scratch for a meaningless game.

Good recap, CNS. After seeing the highlights I couldn't believe that Weal saw Auger coming up behind him and made that drop pass. Amazing. I love Weal's playmaking. It would be wasted on wingers who couldn't finish, though.

Also, I was pretty happy go see the pieces with Weal and Kempe. Weal has an amazing attitude though I think he must have been pretty disappointed. Kempe's funny, showing that confidence in himself.

(Should I just call Lintuniemi Bird to save on typing?)

Weal's play making ability is simply out of this world. We were all flabbergasted in the press box that he turned and found Auger like that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad