Signing(s): Kemba Walker Bought Out by OKC - Signing with Knicks

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
from tsn.ca:

Kemba Walker is going home.

The Athletic's Shams Charania reports the veteran point guard and Bronx native with sign with the New York Knicks once his buyout from the Oklahoma City Thunder is finalized.

Walker, 31, was traded to the Thunder, alongside two first-round picks from the Boston Celtics in June in a deal that saw Al Horford return to the Celtics.

A product of Connecticut, Walker is headed into his 11th NBA season. Originally taken with the ninth overall pick of the 2011 NBA Draft, Walker spent the first eight seasons of his career with the Charlotte Hornets before playing the last two in Boston.

In 43 games last season, the four-time All-Star averaged 19.9 points on .420 shooting with 4.9 assists and 4.0 boards over 31.8 minutes a night.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Why are they buying him out?

Open up playing time for young players.

Probably to get someone younger, to be honest I'm surprised they weren't able to flip him for more draft picks.

I think he also wanted out and was willing to take a big hit financially. I'm also guessing that his salary scared off a lot of potential suitors, even if its only this year and next season left on it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad