Confirmed with Link: Kellman re-signed for 2 years (reported $750K AAV per Peng)

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
Kellman played well this season, especially on PK but I was sure that he goes to Europe and Handemark will be 4C, now I am a bit confused. They are both deserve to be in lineup so probably one of them will play on the wing.
Upd. I guess Kellman will play RW on Melker’s slot and it is upgrade
Hopefully Handy show well enough to take that 3rd line center role and Klly can man the 4th line center spot. I know, probably over optimistic but until there are better options that's what I'm going with. At least Kelly looks like an NHL when he's on the ice.

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
I feel like Goodrow is more like a low-end third-liner...at least judging by the latest season. Mathematically, there are ~280 forwards in the league who are top-9 forwards. I'd say Goodrow is in the low end of that range.

Fair enough.

Goodrow was very much a 4th liner coming into the season.

The Sharks were winning games when the top line was Hertl-Goodrow-Meier.
Obviously, Hertl was the reason that line was successful, but Goodrow didn't ruin it, or anything.

He is currently a 3rd line winger for one of the best teams in the league.

But, that isn't really my point. All I am saying is players can get better, even after 25 years old. With Kellman, I feel like there are things he does that really push the play up the ice, and control the puck, he just doesn't do them enough to be more than a 4th line guy. Consistency is absolutely something that gets better with NHL experience.

I honestly didn't really see much in Kellman's game that would suggest that he is anything above a 4th liner. His possession numbers are fine, decent forechecker, not bad defensively, doesn't have much skill offensively, and speed is okay. Not saying he can't improve or anything, but nothing about him screams "bust out" potential I'd say especially considering he is already 26. Would be nice though...especially if he could PK more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad