News Article: Keith McCambridge is the new Wolf Pack HC

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Thought they'd go outside of the organization, but he's been with the Pack for a season or so right? Guess we'll see how much he differs from Gernander, if he differs at all.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
On Silverfish comment "so much for new blood", he's only been with WolfPack one season and was the HC for Jets AHL affiliate for 5 years before that, so i'd still classify him as new blood.

Hard to judge him on one season as assistant under a long term HC who was probably very set in his ways, how much influence with McCambridge have this season?

I have no idea if he's good or not, i guess we'll have to wait and see.

Hopefully the plan is to have Pesan come in next season as assistant and then to have him take over a year or two after that.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Didn't someone report that McCambridge had ties to Gorton and co. when he was initially hired as the Pack's AC last year?

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
One article does not make something like this "promising" or "not promising"

It's like seeing one bad movie review and saying it's not promising.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
We'll wait and see

If he sucks they'll fire him. It's not like he'll be here for so long like Gernander

The Czech coach wasn't going to be able to coach until next year anyways so

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
I'm not going to judge him for what he did in Moose/IceCaps, hopefully he does a good job for Hartford until we bring Pesan in ;)

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Thought they'd go outside of the organization, but he's been with the Pack for a season or so right? Guess we'll see how much he differs from Gernander, if he differs at all.

Gorton was in the organization under Sather and seems to be able to go with a different approach. Sometimes, even when they worked together, 2 people can have different styles/opinions.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
We'll wait and see

If he sucks they'll fire him. It's not like he'll be here for so long like Gernander

The Czech coach wasn't going to be able to coach until next year anyways so

Possibly a placeholder for a season only to have him take over the following? Would make sense why they didn't add someone from the outside this season only to fire them next year.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Looking at his track record as an AHL head coach--over five years his team went deep in the playoffs twice and didn't make the playoffs the other three times. it looks as well that he's never really had all that very much of great player personnel to work with. And it's not like the bar has been set really high by Gernander. At worst Hartford will stay right where they are on the bottom again next year--the only other direction to go is up.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
On Silverfish comment "so much for new blood", he's only been with WolfPack one season and was the HC for Jets AHL affiliate for 5 years before that, so i'd still classify him as new blood.

Hard to judge him on one season as assistant under a long term HC who was probably very set in his ways, how much influence with McCambridge have this season?

I have no idea if he's good or not, i guess we'll have to wait and see.

Hopefully the plan is to have Pesan come in next season as assistant and then to have him take over a year or two after that.

Hey, I mean, this is exactly what happened to Sullivan... Head coach, fired, hired as assistant, fired, hired as a minor leaguer coach, promoted to major league coach.

Now he has 2 cups

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
This is a very disappointing hire, until proven otherwise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad