Player Discussion Keith Kinkaid - Kinky Backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Is it really Caulfield in the vid? Doesn't look like him yet...not a whole lot of Habs players named Cole. So it means he's still around? Great to see.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Could be a birth by fire situation for Primeau. If price goes down.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Amongst the goalies on the free agent market, is het he good one? The real deal? Comparing to them, like to the rest... Will he fully recover from his past bad performances? Does this new start might reborn him? To be the #2 goalies of the MC it's demanding... Much than to be a #1 goalie imho. A backup doesn't have the choice to step up. Allowing us to win games fewer. Than losing games. Keeping us a chance to obtain enough points to be in a PO spot. He'll receive the support of our gk coach Waite. He'll get the chance to work with. Which is a blessing in a disguise for any goalkeeper in the NHL. It's up to Kinkaid to be our Blockaid, to make that short...

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Blockaid is going to have a tough time topping this save so it deserves to be in his own thread.

Clip at regular speed:

MHfFEvC.gif

The save in slo-mo:

WCdxxve.gif

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
His stats aren't pretty but he's given us chances to win both games he has played. If Niemi started last night it would've been 6 or 7-0 after the first period.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
If Price ever gets injured, I'd see if Primeau beats out Kinkaid as the starter - Tokarski over Budaj style.

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
He is cheap enough that if he underdelivers you could sign another backup UFA next offseason and burry Kinkaid in the minors. The cap penalty wouldn't be that big of a deal, like .6M for a season.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
So far he has not been impressive at all. I hope he settles down sooner than later so Price can be given more time off.

Reactions: Tim Wallach

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
As more and more teams consider goalie tandems, I am wondering if it is harder and harder to find a reliable 20-25 game backup on the cheap?

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
They don't even have one reliable goalie

Ask the Flyers too

I am not sure why he directed me to ask the Devils when they are obviously inapplicable to what I was discussing. I know Toronto is struggling at backup.

Of course since the Habs are facing so many backups maybe MB will become an expert...

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
I am not sure why he directed me to ask the Devils when they are obviously inapplicable to what I was discussing. I know Toronto is struggling at backup.

Of course since the Habs are facing so many backups maybe MB will become an expert...

He's going to sign one of them next summer haha

Reactions: Tighthead

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
He hasn't had a great start to the season. I get his last two games were on the second half of a back-to-back, and his team left him out to dry a few times, but some of the goals he did allow were a little questionable to put it mildly. His save percentage and quality start percentages have been trending downwards, so for his sake and the team's, i hope he turns it around because Lindgren hasn't inspired me neither.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->