Player Discussion Keith Kinkaid - Kinky Backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Was trying to watch some highlights of Lawrence Pilut because...I'm that crazy and found this.....I really really hope Kinkaid is a better goalie this year.....I'm just stunned right now that the help we are giving Price is a guy that is coming from a bad year and is looking to get his game back.....He deserves his chance...but just don't get why McElhinney would not have been a better choice...

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
Was trying to watch some highlights of Lawrence Pilut because...I'm that crazy and found this.....I really really hope Kinkaid is a better goalie this year.....I'm just stunned right now that the help we are giving Price is a guy that is coming from a bad year and is looking to get his game back.....He deserves his chance...but just don't get why McElhinney would not have been a better choice...

He would have been, but I believe the UFA player has a choice in the matter. 2 years in Tampa vs Montreal. I think he did OK

Reactions: Vachon23

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
He would have been, but I believe the UFA player has a choice in the matter. 2 years in Tampa vs Montreal. I think he did OK

How about 2 years in Montreal? You wouldn't have offer that?

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
How about 2 years in Montreal? You wouldn't have offer that?
We don’t know what he was offered. I would have offered him two years for sure. Then he would have looked at our roster v theirs and the result would have been the same.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
Better roster......Tampa
Better weather.......Tampa
Better tax rate.......Tampa

I can think it is easy to assume who McElhinney chose Tampa over the Habs.

Reactions: Vachon23

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
McElhinney would have chosen Tampa anyway IMO. Better teams, better taxes, better weather.

We don’t know what he was offered. I would have offered him two years for sure. Then he would have looked at our roster v theirs and the result would have been the same.

Maybe so. We don't know that if we had any kind of interest like we don't know if we had. One thing is sure, we are stuck with a backup that is coming out from a real down year. So Price who might not want to babysit, might have to be the nurse of somebody trying to get his game back up. Let's hope he finds it quickly .We need those 20-25 games.

Reactions: loudi94

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Maybe so. We don't know that if we had any kind of interest like we don't know if we had. One thing is sure, we are stuck with a backup that is coming out from a real down year. So Price who might not want to babysit, might have to be the nurse of somebody trying to get his game back up. Let's hope he finds it quickly .We need those 20-25 games.

I don’t see why McElhinny is that better then Kinkaid. McElhinny had a couple of bad season like Kinkaid had last year ..

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
I don’t see why McElhinny is that better then Kinkaid. McElhinny had a couple of bad season like Kinkaid had last year ..

Well the first one didn't have a bad season last year. The one we have just did. Is that a trend? Or just a bad season?

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Hopefully, not another Niemi. I would've gone with Charlie, he couldn't do worse, and for less money.

Jul 6, 2016

Waite is there for that. Not Price's business to do that at all.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Kinkaid has posted a .900 SV% or more his entire pro career (AHL and NHL), except for last year. And one possible reason is that New Jersey were decimated by injuries last year. And they lost some key players like Hall, Virtanen, and Hischier, among others. They iced a lot of AHL'ers last year. I believe they were either first or second in the NHL in total man-games lost.

The year before, when New Jersey made the playoffs, he played 41 regular season games and posted a 26-10-3 record.

I wouldn't have minded McElhinney either. But Kinkaid was someone I was interested in as the back-up. And when he went to Columbus for a 5th, I didn't cry that Habs kept Niemi, but more a hope that Habs would have paid that 5th for him. Now they kept that 5th and still ended up with Kinkaid.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
pXGrEMU.gif

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Did we really replace NO EXCUSES by "Think like a pro, act like a pro, be a pro" .... i'd prefer guys who don't look for excuses than guys who are pros. Guys playing in the DEL are pros too.

I hadn't watched the video thinking it's just a fluff piece and there'd be nothing salvageable from it.

And yet you watched it and came up with the above.

35u9wq.gif

We might yet get some mileage out of this. I mean, what else is there to comment about -- Hab news have shriveled up like a dried prune.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad