Keith Acton ? Help ! My memory fails me.

Normand Lacombe

Jan 30, 2008
It appears Acton was paired mostly with Lafleur and Shutt or Gaston Gingras by watching a few youtube highlights. With Shutt only playing 57 games that year, perhaps Mark Napier filled in at LW as well. Maybe @Canadiens1958 would know more and correct me.

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
He was with Edmonton in 1988 briefly, and he certainly did have some skill (fun fact: he scored 2 goals in the '88 playoffs, and both were game winners). A long time with Minnesota before that.

The thing with Montreal in 1981-82 is that they were so defensively focused. With Lafleur missing games, somebody had to lead them in scoring... might as well be Acton!

Thenameless

Apr 29, 2014
Plus that Stevens was no bum on his own. Matbe later after the face smash and drugs got a hold of him.

I'd say he was up there with Neely for best power forward of the time, until Lindros arrived. Too bad so many unfortunate things happened in his life.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
It appears Acton was paired mostly with Lafleur and Shutt or Gaston Gingras by watching a few youtube highlights. With Shutt only playing 57 games that year, perhaps Mark Napier filled in at LW as well. Maybe @Canadiens1958 would know more and correct me.

Hard to give Gaston Gingras much credit for Acton's success. He didn't even play half a season and as a defenseman, wouldn't have been exclusively paired with Acton even when he did.

Reactions: seventieslord

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Quite interesting. Usually when you think of Keith Acton you think defense but the guy, as shown here had an offensive game as well. Overall he had a good career mainly as a defensive forward.

Canadiens1958

Nov 30, 2007
Lake Memphremagog, QC.

Yes mainly Lafleur and Shutt as his wingers with Houle and Napier as injury fill-ins. After Larouche was traded before Christmas. Acton's PP time increased. Arguably his best PP season. Played well with Gingras manning one of the points

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad