Keeping Barrie/Defense Past This Season

Aintboutdatlyfe

Oct 21, 2017
One situation to monitor would be the Braden Holtby scenario. He's due for a contract extension but Washington but they have a viable goalie of the future in Ilya Samsonov. In a couple of years we might have a good replacement in Scott or Woll.

It's no different than Ben Bishop -> Vasilevskiy either.

You just gotta develop your next goalie. It's mandatory to keep being competitive IMO. Can't pay old goalies in a cap world. You just can't.

Reactions: Menzinger

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
It's no different than Ben Bishop -> Vasilevskiy either.

You just gotta develop your next goalie. It's mandatory to keep being competitive IMO. Can't pay old goalies in a cap world. You just can't.

Well, we don't yet have a Vasilevsiky, whom the Lightning are now going to have to pay a crap ton, and Bishop could still be a better goalie than him.

Aintboutdatlyfe

Oct 21, 2017
Well, we don't yet have a Vasilevsiky, whom the Lightning are now going to have to pay a crap ton, and Bishop could still be a better goalie than him.

Bishop's definitely not better than Vasi lol, and they have to pay him but Vasi is a young goalie. Not old, important difference. My point is your only option is to develop your own Vasilevsky/Gibson/Samsonov etc. It's your only option pretty much.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Which one of the greedy three are going to be traded in order to re-sign Barrie?

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Bishop's definitely not better than Vasi lol, and they have to pay him but Vasi is a young goalie. Not old, important difference. My point is your only option is to develop your own Vasilevsky/Gibson/Samsonov etc. It's your only option pretty much.

He was a Vezina finalist on Dallas. Says a lot about his abilities.

But yes, ideally we should have drafted Carter Hart when we had the chance, as good as Korshkov could be.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Rielly will want top dollar too, having watched the Me three take Dubas to the cleaners. There is NO WAY his agent doesn't want a BIG payday too! JMHO.
Quick...name a UFA that took Dubas to the cleaners?

Reactions: Menzinger

kb

Aug 28, 2009
It all depends on if we know what Mo's ask will be. He needs to be priority.

I'd like to shed Kerfoot too. We were warned by Avalanche fans, and he's dissapointed, just as they said he would.
Please enlighten everyone on this take.

horner

May 22, 2007
after watching acouple of games .
I would rather sign
Ceci and Muzzin
Ceci has more to his game toughness and steadiness
the more confident he gets the better he will be

Barrie is a luxury

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad