Keeper Pick Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaronm_88

May 17, 2004
This is hardly prospect related so I apologize. But this seems to be a very active forum with some knowledgeable people who's opinions I value. I have the 12th pick in a keeper draft and suprisingly all of these players are left to choose from. I can lock any one of them up for the next 4yrs...Which would be the best pick?? Thanks

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Brodeur. Goalies are always a safe bet because they carry many categories.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Legionnaire said:
I went with Hossa, but Mosaku does have a good point.

He does, but Hossa is so consistent and only 25. I consider Hossa to be in the top 3 or 4 keeper league players. He is a consistent 35G 35A right now, IMO, and he could still improve a little bit.

Depending on how many picks there are until you pick again, I'd definitely go with Hossa. You should hopefully be able to add a goalie in the next round, but Hossa is as good as any starting point for a keeper team, IMO.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
MrKnowNothing said:
He does, but Hossa is so consistent and only 25. I consider Hossa to be in the top 3 or 4 keeper league players. He is a consistent 35G 35A right now, IMO, and he could still improve a little bit.

Depending on how many picks there are until you pick again, I'd definitely go with Hossa. You should hopefully be able to add a goalie in the next round, but Hossa is as good as any starting point for a keeper team, IMO.

Obviously I agree with you because I picked him as well. ;)

VanCanuck

May 9, 2003
Vancouver, BC
Marian Hossa is an excellent hockey player and a character guy both on and off the ice. He is one of the best allround packages in the league.

eddy

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
I'd say Ovechin or Hossa, hard to say on Ovechin because he hans't played an NHL game yet but I think it's pretty obvious he's gonna be very good.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Legionnaire said:
Obviously I agree with you because I picked him as well. ;)

Heh, yeah I was sort of continueing what you said, just didn't do a very good job of it.

I don't think Ovechkin's a good pick there, because you'll probably have better short term success with Ovechkin. If Ovechkin can put up Hossa numbers right away, I'd be very impressed. I would doubt he would be able to put up better numbers than Hossa has done and will do. He might become an equal to Hossa, but I think Hossa's the much safer and wiser pick.

...and that has absolutely nothing to do with Ovechkin being taken over Malkin. This is simply a good fantasy hockey decision to take Hossa. I think Kovalchuk is the only forward in the entire league I'd take over him, but even then it's not clear cut.

Go with Hossa. 11 GMs should be ashamed he's there at #12.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad