Keeper opinions

RantanenRavin

Jun 24, 2017
Just looking for some outside thought in who to keep in my league. Standard categories, head to head. I'm able to keep 6 from this list:

A. Matthews
W. Nylander
M. Rantenen
J. Schwartz
V. Trocheck
A. Lee
E. Staal

M. Sergachev
I. Provorov
C. McAvoy

D. Dubnyk

So essentially, which 4 do I cut?

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Just looking for some outside thought in who to keep in my league. Standard categories, head to head. I'm able to keep 6 from this list:

A. Matthews
W. Nylander
M. Rantenen
J. Schwartz
V. Trocheck
A. Lee
E. Staal

M. Sergachev
I. Provorov
C. McAvoy

D. Dubnyk

Cut Lee, Schwartz, Sergachev and Provorov

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada

A. Matthews
W. Nylander
M. Rantenen
J. Schwartz
V. Trocheck

A. Lee
E. Staal

M. Sergachev
I. Provorov
C. McAvoy

D. Dubnyk

Well, which is it? Do you keep 6 or cut 4? You list 11 players, so to keep 6 is to cut 5...

I'd keep the 6 bolded, and if you get a 7th keeper, make it McAvoy.

RantanenRavin

Jun 24, 2017
matthews , rantanen and the 3 D or cut sergachev and get nylander

That's only 5. I gotta say, I'm getting alot of mixed emotions here. Was really hoping for a concensus to make my decision easy haha.

I was leaning towards Matthews, nylander, rantenen, trocheck, McAvoy and Provorov, but I'm stuck because Im afraid that if I let dubnyk go, I won't get another starter, and I am a little committed to Schwartz as I traded burns for him early last season . I don't have a clue what to do

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Matthews, Nylander, Rantanen, Trocheck and Dubnyk are the easy keeps in my mind. As I said before, you're basically forced to keep Dubnyk because I bet each team will keep at least one goalie. It comes down to preference for the other one. The d-men are close off the top of my head.

RantanenRavin

Jun 24, 2017
Matthews, Nylander, Rantanen, Trocheck and Dubnyk are the easy keeps in my mind. As I said before, you're basically forced to keep Dubnyk because I bet each team will keep at least one goalie. It comes down to preference for the other one. The d-men are close off the top of my head.
Hmm. I feel like I could live with that. Would suck to lose Schwartz, as I previously mentioned that I traded Burns for him but I guess its better him, then one of the young gunz, or a starter

Brockon

Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
Hmm. I feel like I could live with that. Would suck to lose Schwartz, as I previously mentioned that I traded Burns for him but I guess its better him, then one of the young gunz, or a starter

I feel that letting go of Schwartz could be a mistake. Prior to his injury, St Louis was on fire last season - upon his return mounting injuries or perhaps lingering effects from injuries led the Blues to a scoring drought collectively. Schwartz's production tapered off after his return from IR.

Schwartz healthy combined with the changes made to the Blues have me thinking that their team scoring rates are about to climb. If the Blues fix the PP I can see his totals climbing.

Besides, 59 pts in 62 games at 26 years old is pretty respectable. He was 4 pts shy of matching his career high of 63 in 13 less games played.

RantanenRavin

Jun 24, 2017
I feel that letting go of Schwartz could be a mistake. Prior to his injury, St Louis was on fire last season - upon his return mounting injuries or perhaps lingering effects from injuries led the Blues to a scoring drought collectively. Schwartz's production tapered off after his return from IR.

Schwartz healthy combined with the changes made to the Blues have me thinking that their team scoring rates are about to climb. If the Blues fix the PP I can see his totals climbing.

Besides, 59 pts in 62 games at 26 years old is pretty respectable. He was 4 pts shy of matching his career high of 63 in 13 less games played.

Damnit that's a very compelling argument haha I'm back to being more torn than I ever was. But I am really appreciative of all the feedback.

So far I'm set on cutting Lee and Staal. Which is definitely progress

Brockon

Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
Damnit that's a very compelling argument haha I'm back to being more torn than I ever was. But I am really appreciative of all the feedback.

So far I'm set on cutting Lee and Staal. Which is definitely progress

The flipside of that, is that just because St Louis sees a scoring increase does not mean Schwartz will benefit from it. The Blues are no longer as top heavy for scoring with the new acquisitions, so ice time and PP time may be distributed differently.

All I know definitively is that I can't wait for the season to start, and I'm excited to see how the Blues perform as my favorite NHL team. I'm also very excited to get my new dynasty league team season rolling.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad