Keeper league proposal

Savoie92

Jul 5, 2012
Regina
i was proposed this trade and not sure what to do about it

My player: Eric Staal

for

Their player: Ryan Johanson

so a Staal for Johanson straight up im looking to trade Staal for a younger player since its a keepers league and Johanson and Staal have 8 years difference between them

league tracks

Skater Stats: Goals, Assist, Points, +/-, Powerplay Points, Game Winning Goals, Faceoff Wins, Hits, Block Shots

Goalie Stats: Wins, Lost, Goals Against Average, Save Percentage, Shutouts

Let me know what you think

hambone1818

Feb 6, 2009
North 'Merica
That one's tough. In general I think about three years for keepers...how good is a guy gonna be for the next three years? Johansen probably has Staal beat in year three, maybe before that, but Staal probably has the advantage the next few years.

Just looking at hits (since you use it as a cat), Johansen has a clear edge there so it narrows the gap. But I'd say if you're at all in contention this year pass on the deal, the future upgrade won't be huge and you'd be taking a hit this season. Otherwise if you're solely concerned with next year and beyond I'd say it's a coin flip. The younger player isn't necessarily a better bet even three years down the road, but I don't think it'd be a bad deal.

Savoie92

Jul 5, 2012
Regina
That one's tough. In general I think about three years for keepers...how good is a guy gonna be for the next three years? Johansen probably has Staal beat in year three, maybe before that, but Staal probably has the advantage the next few years.

Just looking at hits (since you use it as a cat), Johansen has a clear edge there so it narrows the gap. But I'd say if you're at all in contention this year pass on the deal, the future upgrade won't be huge and you'd be taking a hit this season. Otherwise if you're solely concerned with next year and beyond I'd say it's a coin flip. The younger player isn't necessarily a better bet even three years down the road, but I don't think it'd be a bad deal.

thats what i was thinking i have a pretty good shot at making a deep run for winning again this year and Staal is still not that old either since he is 30 and with my team that move is more less lateral

Forwards:

Tyler Bozak
Matt Cullen
Eric Staal
Paul Stastny
Matt Duchene
Zack Smith
Andrew Ladd
Marcus Foligno
Vernon Fiddler
Chris Stewart
Jason Pominville
Cal Clutterbuck
Chris Neil

Defenceman:

Pk Subban
Dustin Byfuglien
Matt Carle
Josh Gorges
Alexei Emelin
Erik Johnson
James Wisneiwski

Goaltenders:

Carey Price
Steve Mason
Carter Hutton

leova

Feb 28, 2008
decline...staal will be better this year AND next year, as the other poster mentioned, and unless your keeper league is super-long-term(5+ years ongoing), you won't get max value out of young players/picks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad