Confirmed with Link: Keegan Lowe re-signed for 2 years

Kagomeboy

HF board regular Otaku
Mar 7, 2017
Coquitlam
Zach Redmond. TJ Brennan.

Then you have borderline NHL defenders like Martin Marincin or Brandon Davidson.

There's probably a hundred more. The list is too long to make.
Pfft Martin Marincin haha,I find that guy totally over rated.Lowe is ten time better then those players.Also Davidson is a NHL Player.

Agin mad at the name not the player.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
Pfft Martin Marincin haha,I find that guy totally over rated.Lowe is ten time better then those players.Also Davidson is a NHL Player.

Agin mad at the name not the player.

Marincin has played 177 NHL games to Lowe's 4......sooo I will go out on a limb and say Lowe isn't 10 times better than him.

I would also say he isn't better than Redmond or Brennan. Those guys were both on the year end AHL second all star team.

Didn't see Lowe's name there.

Kagomeboy

HF board regular Otaku
Mar 7, 2017
Coquitlam
Marincin has played 177 NHL games to Lowe's 4......sooo I will go out on a limb and say Lowe isn't 10 times better than him.

I would also say he isn't better than Redmond or Brennan. Those guys were both on the year end AHL second all star team.

Marincin is played most of those on crappy team who need d men.Lowe is fine as a six or seven AHL d men.

Nothing wrong with the singing.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

Then you have borderline NHL defenders like Martin Marincin or Brandon Davidson.

You are also missing the point where Lowe is good with our prospects. Something the team is looking for.

They want some good character players in both the NHL and AHL.

If someone comes along and proves that they are better than Lowe in that area then they can move on from him. For now they are happy keeping the known commodity that works for them.

Reactions: ulyssesjoyce

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo

Lowe is also a few years younger than Redmond/Brennan. It's possible he might grow his game a bit more, where as the other two have likely plateau'd.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Players like him are a dime a dozen. You're not a valuable veteran when you're not a difference maker at the AHL level.

They could have easily signed a guy like Adam Clendening that is miles better at the AHL level and also has NHL experience.

And you're damn right I'm mad. The Oilers have been the laughing stock of the NHL for over a decade and followed up their one season of success by falling flat on their faces again.

Then they continue to make the same kinds of poor decisions that they have been making which made them the worst team for the last ten years, and everyone is just supposed to smile and nod and hope this time will be different despite the team operating in the exact same way it always has?

If you think that being that mad about signing Lowe instead of another top 4 veteran AHL Dman is something worth losing your shit over then have fun. Tell me how they could have signed a different player who is under contract to another team. The fact that he's the only example you can name, and isn't even a legit option just shows how silly your hissy fit is.

Oilers teams of the past wouldn't have signed any quality AHL veteran Dmen like Lowe. They would have either had no AHL team at all or would have forced struggling young kids to play way over their heads and ruined them.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards

All of those players are under contract to other teams. Not sure how you want the Oilers to sign them right now. Also the fact that you can only name a couple options who are better only proves how silly you're being.

The type of player you are looking for are guys that are available on waivers after camp. They aren't going to sign right now.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
You are also missing the point where Lowe is good with our prospects. Something the team is looking for.

They want some good character players in both the NHL and AHL.

All we know is that there are other players available who are much better options than Lowe in terms of playing ability.

I'm sure most of them aren't serial killers.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
All we know is that there are other players available who are much better options than Lowe in terms of playing ability.

I'm sure most of them aren't serial killers.
You're WAY to invest in how much you hate Kevin Lowe and by extension Keegan Lowe. The Organization knows the player, they were happy with what the player provided, it's why they re-signed him. No amount of trying to change the narrative won't make that true and won't make the team un-sign him.

Reactions: nabob

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
You're WAY to invest in how much you hate Kevin Lowe and by extension Keegan Lowe. The Organization knows the player, they were happy with what the player provided, it's why they re-signed him. No amount of trying to change the narrative won't make that true and won't make the team un-sign him.

It doesn't make it a good decision either and this organization has a history of making bad ones.

So I'll continue to point out the poor moves of this org. Hopefully they stop making so many before they waste McDavid's career.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
All of those players are under contract to other teams. Not sure how you want the Oilers to sign them right now. Also the fact that you can only name a couple options who are better only proves how silly you're being.

The type of player you are looking for are guys that are available on waivers after camp. They aren't going to sign right now.

Zach Redmond is a pending free agent. There will be a lot more. The Oilers could have waited to see if they could find an upgrade. It's not like anyone else would be hot after Lowe.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Zach Redmond is a pending free agent. There will be a lot more. The Oilers could have waited to see if they could find an upgrade. It's not like anyone else would be hot after Lowe.

So one player who might possibly become a free agent could just as easily re-sign like Lowe did.

Have fun being mad about the last name of a second pairing Dman on our AHL club.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Considering Redmond was a 2nd team allstar I think odds are he is looking for a one-way deal or potentially even Europe.

Heck given the blowup that could happen in Buffalo, he might end up on their 2nd pairing next year.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
It doesn't make it a good decision either and this organization has a history of making bad ones.

So I'll continue to point out the poor moves of this org. Hopefully they stop making so many before they waste McDavid's career.

Yeah re-signing Lowe to be a veteran presence and emergency call up to sit in the press box is really a terrible decision that will waste McDavid's career. Get a grip dude.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Considering Redmond was a 2nd team allstar I think odds are he is looking for a one-way deal or potentially even Europe.

Heck given the blowup that could happen in Buffalo, he might end up on their 2nd pairing next year.
But he was our hope for not ruining McDavid's career apparently.

Reactions: ulyssesjoyce

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
But he was our hope for not ruining McDavid's career apparently.
There has never been a move that these boards agree to. Always some sort of shit. Eskimos won the cup and people were still ripping them that they were no good.

I really feel we could win the cup and people would still be complaining.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
Yeah re-signing Lowe to be a veteran presence and emergency call up to sit in the press box is really a terrible decision that will waste McDavid's career. Get a grip dude.

If Lowe sees any NHL time this year it's certainly a failure on Chiarelli's part.

The Oilers lose because they have terrible depth.

Having a guy that is a second pairing AHL defenceman spend time on an NHL roster is a great example of terrible depth.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
If Lowe sees any NHL time this year it's certainly a failure on Chiarelli's part.

Having a guy that is a second pairing AHL defenceman spend time on an NHL roster is a great example of terrible depth.
Would you rather Lowe sit in the press box not playing, or a player like jones/bear/mantha who could use AHL playing time.

If this guys name was something like Keegan Smith you wouldn't have an issue with this signing, pretty comical at this point.

Reactions: nabob

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards

Good thing you're so incredibly worked up about it right now when the offseason hasn't even started :laugh:

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards

Marincin looking like the same plug who was healthy scratched multiple times for the Oilers AHL team in the playoffs tonight. Guessing he'll be in some lower Euro league next year. Funny that you would rather have him on our AHL team. Says enough about your opinion on AHL Dmen. He's the last type of guy they need to help and mentor young prospects.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
Would you rather Lowe sit in the press box not playing, or a player like jones/bear/mantha who could use AHL playing time.

If this guys name was something like Keegan Smith you wouldn't have an issue with this signing, pretty comical at this point.

I'd rather they had a D-men that was at least borderline NHL calibre to sit in the pressbox.

Pretty low expectations around here.

KMart27

Jun 9, 2013
I'd rather they had a D-men that was at least borderline NHL calibre to sit in the pressbox.

Pretty low expectations around here.

Perhaps just realistic expectations. You're complaining about a defensemen who will likely be 10th on the depth chart. What team is 10 NHL defensemen deep?

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
Keegan Lowe made it through another round of cuts.

Really showing he has what it takes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad