Line Combos: Keefe NEEEEEEDS to break-up Barrie and Dermott

Hogan86

Jun 21, 2016
Tyson Barrie is horrendous. I'll be very very disappointed if he doesnt get shipped out before the deadline.

Reactions: LeafsRus

Michael HOMERUNing

Feb 24, 2019
They're gonna screw up at least two of Dermott's, Liljegren's and Sandin's development if they don't trade for some more responsible defencemen. Young d-men need a competent partner to succeed. If nothing is available at the deadline they should just trade for Hainsey. He was the reason Rielly was so comfortable in jumping up last year.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Barrie looks like the type of defenseman that could singlehandedly lose you a series. Lots of stupid decisions and plays like it is pond hockey every night.

F the numbers.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Enough has been written about Barrie but man is Dermott skittish out there.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Barrie was not needed here. Sure, he has a role with Rielly out but he was brought here for something we didn’t need. Offense was fine, defense needed upgrading, GM focuses on adding offense. Poor decision.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
So many cheap calls tonight.

Someone needs a word with the Department of Arbitrary Discipline.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Dermott and the leafs need to break up. We have 3 better LHD than him easily. On the right? Not much better than Barrie unfortunately. Dermott also plays like this with whoever his partner is, I’d move dermott for an upgrade in a heartbeat

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Dermott and the leafs need to break up. We have 3 better LHD than him easily. On the right? Not much better than Barrie unfortunately. Dermott also plays like this with whoever his partner is, I’d move dermott for an upgrade in a heartbeat

More than a RHD, the Leafs need a savvy big body defenseman who can pace the game and slow things down in a panic. Dermott kind of makes things worse at times by the way he kind of rushes head first into everything and makes questionable plays at high speeds when he has other options. He's also pretty small out there and doesn't have the bulk to handle himself in high traffic situations.

Reactions: Walshy7

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014

With Rielly out and Dermott already excelling on the 3rd pair, this was really a great opportunity for Dermott to show what we've been all waiting for in the top-4. It hasn't been what I was hoping for sadly.

Dermott's still very young though and can easily develop into what we hope for, I'm in no rush to trade him unless it's a clear upgrade tbh.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
With Rielly out and Dermott already excelling on the 3rd pair, this was really a great opportunity for Dermott to show what we've been all waiting for in the top-4. It hasn't been what I was hoping for sadly.

Dermott's still very young though and can easily develop into what we hope for, I'm in no rush to trade him unless it's a clear upgrade tbh.

really seems like a tools not toolbox type to me. His iq is atrocious out there, always passing the first and simpler option for a head fake rush or equivalent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->