Trade: [KC/WSH] Kelvin Herrera for Blake Perkins, Kelvin Gutierrez, and Yohanse Morel

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
That return is a joke for KC. Not a single top 10 Nats prospect it appears. WTF?

Perkins having a terrible season.

Gutierrez screams 'ho hum'.

Morel is in the freaking DSL.

Sep 19, 2008
That return is a joke for KC. Not a single top 10 Nats prospect it appears. WTF?

Perkins having a terrible season.

Gutierrez screams 'ho hum'.

Morel is in the freaking DSL.

Some may say joke but from the Nationals perspective as above said it's a steal for Rizzo who has always been shrewd at making those kind of deals. To not give up anything significant for Herrera is big. No Soto loss, no Robles.

Cheese Wagstaff

Dec 11, 2017
Some may say joke but from the Nationals perspective as above said it's a steal for Rizzo who has always been shrewd at making those kind of deals. To not give up anything significant for Herrera is big. No Soto loss, no Robles.

Do you think the Orioles will make any moves soon?

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Reading the names on that return has me all like

tenor.gif

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Crazy how good the Nats bullpen is now compared to a year ago.

its really not. you got guys like shawn kelley, sammy solis and matt grace that are way too inconsistent. combine that with madson and his 4.38 era and kintzler and his 4.45 era

right now, the only guys you can trust to get outs are doolittle, justin miller and wander suero

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Crap. Really hurts the Braves. Not only has the Braves shown interest in Herrera, but they lose him to a top division foe for scraps.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
its really not. you got guys like shawn kelley, sammy solis and matt grace that are way too inconsistent. combine that with madson and his 4.38 era and kintzler and his 4.45 era

right now, the only guys you can trust to get outs are doolittle, justin miller and wander suero

Meh. Bullpen ERAs could rise dramatically after one or two bad games. I don't put much stock into them. Madson has had a few awful appearances.

Edit: Regarding the trade, I like it a lot for the Nationals. Doolittle has done nothing to lose the closer's role, but I wonder if they'll move him into a late inning lefty guy to face the Freemans, Bours, Herreras and others in the later innings.

Edit 2: Considering what they gave up, this is a great trade for the Nationals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->