Trade: [KC/BAL] Orlando Brown Jr, 2021 2nd, 2022 6th for 2021 1st, 2021 3rd, 2021 4th, 2022 5th

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
This was an absolute no-brainer move for KC. Baltimore probably did the best they could given their lack of leverage.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
This was an absolute no-brainer move for KC. Baltimore probably did the best they could given their lack of leverage.
Surprised that Baltimore did not draft an OT with the KC pick. Plenty were on the board at #31. Especially since there was a 60 pick gap between picks for them after #31. Your starting LT is coming off an ACL, so I would have expected more insurance just in case.

Justin Britt, former Seattle C, tore his ACL in the 2019 season, around the mid way mark of the season and he ended up sitting out all of the 2020 season to rehab it.

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
Surprised that Baltimore did not draft an OT with the KC pick. Plenty were on the board at #31. Especially since there was a 60 pick gap between picks for them after #31. Your starting LT is coming off an ACL, so I would have expected more insurance just in case.

Justin Britt, former Seattle C, tore his ACL in the 2019 season, around the mid way mark of the season and he ended up sitting out all of the 2020 season to rehab it.

Yeah it doesn't matter what kind of offense you run, your OT's are your most important positions on the field after the QB in my opinion, especially the blind-side tackle. Cincinnati also didn't make the OL nearly enough of a priority as well.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Yeah it doesn't matter what kind of offense you run, your OT's are your most important positions on the field after the QB in my opinion, especially the blind-side tackle. Cincinnati also didn't make the OL nearly enough of a priority as well.
Baltimore at least has Stanley though he’s coming off an ACL. And the Bengals traded down in round 2 so they better hope that their choice of OT given that a few others went off the board before their 2nd round choice works out.
I personally would have gone with Sewell and one of the WR like Moore in round 2.

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
Baltimore at least has Stanley though he’s coming off an ACL. And the Bengals traded down in round 2 so they better hope that their choice of OT given that a few others went off the board before their 2nd round choice works out.
I personally would have gone with Sewell and one of the WR like Moore in round 2.

I believe what the Bengals were trying to do was make a point to Burrow that they valued his input toward team decisions, and Burrow apparently lobbied hard for Chase. The thing is, sometimes you need to save an athlete from themselves as they are not always the best judges of their own safety or how to run a football team, and Burrow cannot throw to Chase if he's injured.

I would have gone full-OL and taken Sewell and then Teven Jenkins in Round #2 at their original #38 pick. I would then shift Reiff inside to guard, since the Bengals had arguably the worst guard play in the league last year. Jenkins could either be a rotation tackle behind Sewell and Williams if not ready to start or he could also move inside to guard because he has the disposition and smarts to do so. WR and DL would be the next series of priorities for me.

The Bengals should talk to Washington and see if Scherff is at all available via trade, which I doubt but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Mahomes doesn't need all pro guards at every position. Just good to great. He has that now. Depth too.

Not seeing any AFC teams who pose a legitimate threat against them.

Baltimore has no receivers.

Buffalo had an outlier season without injuries in 2020. That never gets repeated. They are a candidate to really fall back down to earth.

Cleveland is still Cleveland.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad