Kassian/Cernak kicking incident Part 2 (suspended for 7 games)

Vikke

ViktorAllvin twitter
Feb 22, 2004
Västervik, Sweden
twitter.com
Seven games is a joke. It's straight up laughable to give a repeat offender, who was suspended a month ago, seven games for using his damn skate blade as a weapon while kicking an opponent in the chest.
I mean, I don't expect much from Parros and his terrible crew, but holy shit did they mess this one up.

Reactions: AzHawk

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
Que the crying from the attempted murder crowd!

As well they should. The league is doing a pretty shit job of policing itself in the past few years.
It's almost to the point of getting out of hand.

This could have been it. He could of caught em in the neck, and we'd have a dead body on the ice.

Maybe next time we will.

Personally, this is fine. I don't expect much for the office of Parros.

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
One more than I expected. It could have been more but realistically there was a precedent of two games with skinner.

CalgarySnow

Oct 21, 2017
How often has a player waived their right to an in-person hearing?

Kassian likely can't be bothered, he knows he's cooked either way.

All that's left is for Parros to make up his mind and announce the punishment.

The completely arbitrary way that suspensions are handed out, though, it wouldn't surprise me if this is happening right now in the league office:

To be fair he’s on a road trip and on Monday it’s Families Day in Canada so he probably wants to spend it with his family. He knows he’ll be suspended so what purpose does being there in person make? FWIW I think he should have a long suspension because you just don’t try and kick someone with a dangerous implement like a skate and he goes overboard with his reactions, he needs therapy.
Heard its 7 games now which is not enough, player safety being a joke as usual

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
The only reason they think Cernak didn't care is because he didn't behave like an unhinged animal with rabbies, since that's what Kassian would have some if someone kicked him.
Good point lol...he went banana tackling tkachuk from behind and suckered punch him after some arguably legal hits...imagine what he would do if someone illegally kicked him

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
You mean he's not getting a permanent ban for his blatant murder attempt? Somebody call the police!

Look I'm as old school as anyone on this site when it comes to physical play and bogus suspensions but man can you imagine if his skate had come up and hit Cernak in the throat (neck/face/chin)? How easy it would have been for that to happen?

I'm ok with seven, I also would have been ok with ten.

Reactions: JerseyMike34

Il Stugotz

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2008
44 miles from Chicago
I think it’s a fair length. 7 games is significant and what I’d say is a long suspension.
If he wasn’t a repeat offender it would’ve been 2-3 like Skinner.
If he did it hard enough to injure the Lightning guy, it’d be like 25.

Reactions: Hint1k

BeLeafInTheFuture

Jul 4, 2018
Scotland
It’s weird how many Oilers fans are gloating that he “only” got 7 games.

This is the aspect that I can't genuinely comprehend.

It doesn't matter if he did/didn't make contact, it's the fact that he literally aimed a kick(whether intentional or not) in Cernak's direction. This time it didn't cause any harm, but it could have turned out completely differently. The majority of Oilers fans have been pretty classy about the whole incident, don't let a few of them taint your view on the fans as a whole.

If the shoe was on the other foot and Cernak did that to McDavid, then I'm sure the trolls within the Oilers fanbase would've had their pitchforks out.

Reactions: Pia8988

LGBlues

Feb 25, 2014
10 seemed enough for Kassian to get some professional help - not sure this says anything but repeat offender.

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
Look I'm as old school as anyone on this site when it comes to physical play and bogus suspensions but man can you imagine if his skate had come up and hit Cernak in the throat (neck/face/chin)? How easy it would have been for that to happen?

I'm ok with seven, I also would have been ok with ten.
Yup it could have been bad. You can also say that about most near misses. 7 games is exactly what I expected, considering Skinner did the same thing and got 2 games but had no suspension history. The people calling for season + playoffs or a permanent ban are who I'm laughing at right now.

Reactions: Sam Spade

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->