Kassian/Cernak kicking incident Part 2 (suspended for 7 games)

Tom Poti

Apr 12, 2009
Edmonton
Hes saying that's not comparable. Hes saying that Skinner did what Kassian claimed to do and that Kassians was more like Simon or Pronger.
Not to mention that Kassians legs were already free when he kicked Cernak.

i'd say that the skinner incident was more of an anger driven play after being hit hard by nichol, with even more force behind the kick. if anything that lends it to be more comparable to kassian's kick.

OurlordAndSaviorKuch

Number one Bull$hit
Oct 12, 2011
Tampa Florida

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
well its a very good thing edward doesnt play hockey then, i dont think a debate about expulsion from the league would go in your favor my friend

Players that are too stupid to realize that their actions have consequences, sometimes severely.

Marty McSorley/Todd Bertuzzi and in a weird way, Sean Avery and Mike Danton were also "removed" from the league.

Jedub

Registered Lurker
Nov 21, 2013
Winnipeg
i'd say that the skinner incident was more of an anger driven play after being hit hard by nichol, with even more force. if anything that lends it to be more comparable to kassian's kick.
Yeah they both look like players losing it and trying to pretend like they're just trying to get leverage.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
"He kicked me when he was on the ice," Cernak told reporters. "I think he was a little mad at me."

"I asked him what was wrong with him because that's not the right play to do on the ice," Cernak said. "He didn't say nothing, so I don't know."

Oilers' Zack Kassian kicks Lightning's Erik Cernak with skate

So Oilers fans can stop acting Like Cernak didn't know or didn't care.

The only reason they think Cernak didn't care is because he didn't behave like an unhinged animal with rabbies, since that's what Kassian would have some if someone kicked him.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
Didn't the phone call happen over an hour ago? Why dont we know the suspension yet?

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
I don't have to prove a single thing to you. You are wrong, and inventing narratives that don't exist. Stop trying to put words and context in my mouth and get over yourself.
Youre not going to take this golden opportunity to easily quote me and prove me wrong? I am just SO surprised.

You said it, I proved it, anyone who looks back can see what you said. Take care

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
You realize once they have all the facts and everyone’s input they then need to have time to come together and analyze it all. They don’t just have the hearing and instantly decide. They need to spin the wheel.
Rumour has it that they are using the "Price is Right" wheel. The numbers on the wheel are suspension days.
Everything is taking so long because the DoPS has to fly to LA to use the wheel. Kassian gets to spin.

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box
To quote Kassian, that was exactly what he was doing. Funny how if the ref does his job and calls Cernak for the obvious holding/interference, the entire kicking event never happens. Not excusing Kassian at all, just saying how things snowball in games because of terrible officiating. This was more of an avalanche than a snowball by Kassian though.

Funny how it's always the ref at fault for Kassian's stupid f***ing behavior??

"If the ref;s would have called a penalty on Tkachuk, Kass wouldn't have done anything"

"If the ref's would have called a penalty on Carnik, Kass wouldn't have done anything"

I'm seeing a trend here......and it seems to involve the same player over and over.

Hmmmmmmm......probably just a coincidence!!

It's surely the ref's fault and not hat Kassian is a f***ing moron!!

McDavidCrushedLarkin

Jun 12, 2016
Youre not going to take this golden opportunity to easily quote me and prove me wrong? I am just SO surprised.

You said it, I proved it, anyone who looks back can see what you said. Take care

I know what I said, and I know what I meant despite whatever little story or crusade you're trying to create out of thin air. Have a nice day!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad