Kassian/Cernak kicking incident Part 2 (suspended for 7 games)

McDavidCrushedLarkin

Jun 12, 2016
I addressed this. Even in context you were minimizing and defending. The context works. You were wrong. You continue to be wrong.

Feel free to quote any of them or quote them all to prove that you and the other posters weren't minimizing or defending his actions.

The other guy ended our conversation as soon as I asked him to do this. Hes arguing for pages with everyone else but me asking for him to prove what he was saying? Too much apparently

I don't have to prove a single thing to you. You are wrong, and inventing narratives that don't exist. Stop trying to put words and context in my mouth and get over yourself.

Last edited:

Tom Poti

Apr 12, 2009
Edmonton
how in the world are some users drawing comparisons to the pronger and simon stomp, those were both malicious acts to injure. id say kassian's motion is closer to forceful seperation than attempt to injure.

Reactions: Mav3rick07

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Downplayed by the media? Pretty sure they are all unanimously calling for a suspension.

This whole Flames fan delusion that the NHL and surrounding media are with the Oilers and against the Flames is a fascinating phenomena.
I think he's been watching the Edmonton media.

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
Dumbest thing I've read all day.
Reading that persons replies, are really up there.

They sure enjoy moving the goal posts.

"Find where I did/said/asked *blank*"
"Well, it's right here"
"Ok, so one time! So what, find another, that doesn't count"

JFC.....

Reactions: Jedub

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
I think he's been watching the Edmonton media.

Local media is as bad as the fanbase. Just like a segment of fans will rally around Giordano when he knees someone, the fans of that ilk in Edmonton will do the same for Kassian.

This is known behavior. Not sure why anyone gets surprised by it.

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
how in the world are some users drawing comparisons to the pronger and simon stomp, those were both malicious acts to injure. id say kassian's motion is closer to forceful seperation than attempt to injure.
While I agree that the comparisons are off. Seperation in this instance can also be viewed as attempt to injure.

If Edward Scissorhands is trying to push you in the chest, he should know that there is a very good chance you're getting stabbed.

Kassian KNOWS he's wearing very dangerous blades on his feet, and he still kicked at another player, regardless if he was holding him down or not.

If he doesn't know the damage that his blades can do. I could debate that he shouldn't be allowed in the league anymore. Who knows what other common knowledge he lacks.

Reactions: Red

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Never mind the question, I find it miself from the tsn. article. It's 4pm ET. So two more hours no?

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005

Bull f***ing shit. Kassian's leg was along the ice, then he lifted his leg up to kick him in the chest. Simon/Pronger situations were stomps to the feet/skates.

Forceful separation is more like the Skinner kick where his leg was already in the position, and he just pushed away to separate himself.

Kassian's kick was the worst one of the bunch.

Tom Poti

Apr 12, 2009
Edmonton
While I agree that the comparisons are off. Seperation in this instance can also be viewed as attempt to injure.

If Edward Scissorhands is trying to push you in the chest, he should know that there is a very good chance you're getting stabbed.

Kassian KNOWS he's wearing very dangerous blades on his feet, and he still kicked at another player, regardless if he was holding him down or not.

If he doesn't know the damage that his blades can do. I could debate that he shouldn't be allowed in the league anymore. Who knows what other common knowledge he lacks.

well its a very good thing edward doesnt play hockey then, i dont think a debate about expulsion from the league would go in your favor my friend

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
4 pm ET was 3 hours ago.
Ok, sire. Pretty weird they haven't announced anythang yet then. Because tsn said clearly 4pm ET. So they talking for 3 hours? I don't think so. It'll happen pretty soon we think no? Interesting to finally here how they judge him.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
That makes 0 sense.

They have all the facts and have spoken to everyone involved? why do they need to 48 hours to come to a decision?
Nothing is going to change over the weekend. I expect a verdict within a few hours or less.

You realize once they have all the facts and everyone’s input they then need to have time to come together and analyze it all. They don’t just have the hearing and instantly decide. They need to spin the wheel.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Bull ****ing ****. Kassian's leg was along the ice, then he lifted his leg up to kick him in the chest. Simon/Pronger situations were stomps to the feet/skates.

Forceful separation is more like the Skinner kick where his leg was already in the position, and he just pushed away to separate himself.

wasn’t even close to as bad as Pronger or Simon :laugh:

even the Tampa player said it was a nothing kick.

Tom Poti

Apr 12, 2009
Edmonton
Bull ****ing ****. Kassian's leg was along the ice, then he lifted his leg up to kick him in the chest. Simon/Pronger situations were stomps to the feet/skates.

i agree with the bolded, the skinner incident is a good comparison. seeing jeff got two games, i think 6-7 is fair for kassian everything considered.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
I'd give 10. 8 for kicking, 2 for repeat offender. Would have 0 objection to more though.

Jedub

Registered Lurker
Nov 21, 2013
Winnipeg
i agree with the bolded, the skinner incident is a good comparison. seeing jeff got two games, i think 6-7 is fair for kassian everything considered.
Hes saying that's not comparable. Hes saying that Skinner did what Kassian claimed to do and that Kassians was more like Simon or Pronger.
Not to mention that Kassians legs were already free when he kicked Cernak.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->