NHL Player - Kasperi Kapanen

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
he skates so fast, gets to pucks so fast, hes in the top 10 fastest in nhl for sure

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
why not try him in place of Hyman? He does the same thing(s) well - gets to the puck on dump ins before it can be moved up & is defensively responsible, but might make it a 3 man offensive unit. He would stretch the hell out of defenses trying to account for his speed which either makes space for Matthews/Nylander or gives him breakaways when they don't stretch to cover him. Seems too perfect to me, and if it doesn't work you can always go back

Razz

Jan 23, 2011
Mississauga
why not try him in place of Hyman? He does the same thing(s) well - gets to the puck on dump ins before it can be moved up & is defensively responsible, but might make it a 3 man offensive unit. He would stretch the hell out of defenses trying to account for his speed which either makes space for Matthews/Nylander or gives him breakaways when they don't stretch to cover him. Seems too perfect to me, and if it doesn't work you can always go back

I'm sure that'll happen eventually, but right now the team is hot and there's absolutely no reason to make a change like that. Also, Kapanen has to earn that kind of ice time. Next year maybe (if there's a bad slump).

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
I'm sure that'll happen eventually, but right now the team is hot and there's absolutely no reason to make a change like that. Also, Kapanen has to earn that kind of ice time. Next year maybe (if there's a bad slump).
Yea outside of trying to ice the best line up possible there's no reason to try him with Mathew's .

And what did Hyman do to earn being glued to Mathews from the second we drafted AM ?

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Yea outside of trying to ice the best line up possible there's no reason to try him with Mathew's .

And what did Hyman do to earn being glued to Mathews from the second we drafted AM ?

they arent breaking up one of the best lines in the league. the trio are a +71 and just dominating

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
they arent breaking up one of the best lines in the league. the trio are a +71 and just dominating
And you think Hyman is a major reason why ?

The lack of respect Mathews gets on our board is disgusting and then people wonder why the rest of the hf doesn't think he's a top 10 center .

Last edited:

Halla

Jan 28, 2016

The lack of respect Mathews gets on our board is disgusting and then people wonder why the rest of the hf thinks he's overrated .

wait wait wait..you are implying im not giving matthews respect? lawl, do a bitta research before posting kid.
I posted this on Friday.
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threa...on-these-boards.2446227/page-5#post-141296695

That line has looked real real good. I was hollering for Marner to be moved up last year when Hyman was doing nothing, but 30pts and a +24 rating with 0 pp time is pretty solid. I'd like to see Kapanen given a chance to succeed but the leafs arent gonna break up one of the NHLs top lines to give him a shot

Reactions: therealkoho

IPS

Sep 28, 2017

Auston and Willy had 3 point nights tonight and I honestly didn't see Hyman do a damn thing to contribute to either of them.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015

The lack of respect Mathews gets on our board is disgusting and then people wonder why the rest of the hf doesn't think he's a top 10 center .
i like Hyman a lot but you can tell he's a passenger. Matthews is the last center in the world who needs a puck retrieving grinder

Reactions: hotpaws

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
wait wait wait..you are implying im not giving matthews respect? lawl, do a bitta research before posting kid.
I posted this on Friday.
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threa...on-these-boards.2446227/page-5#post-141296695

That line has looked real real good. I was hollering for Marner to be moved up last year when Hyman was doing nothing, but 30pts and a +24 rating with 0 pp time is pretty solid. I'd like to see Kapanen given a chance to succeed but the leafs arent gonna break up one of the NHLs top lines to give him a shot

If you believe Hyman is a significant reason why that line is successful then yes you aren't giving enough respect to Mathews and Nylander as well .

Do you actually believe that line would be impacted in any negative way if we flipped Hyman with Kap .

Also do you think the fans in Edm would be ripping their hair out like some of ours are at the thought of moving Marroon and breaking him up with mcdavid?

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
If you believe Hyman is a significant reason why that line is successful then yes you aren't giving enough respect to Mathews and Nylander as well .

Do you actually believe that line would be impacted in any negative way if we flipped Hyman with Kap .

Also do you think the fans in Edm would be ripping their hair out like some of ours are at the thought of moving Marroon and breaking him up with mcdavid?

please point out where i said Hyman was a significant reason the line is successful.

I stated the line is one of the best in the league (true) and isnt gonna get broken up (true, if you arent convinced after
140 games im not sure what to tell you)

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Looks like he could turn into a 25-25 two way beast who PK's.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I like Hyman too. I severely dislike him being welded to Matthews' hip though.
it's not ideal, but at least Matthews is #2 in 5v5 goals and #5 in 5v5 points. the big concern is how he's being used on the powerplay. Kapanen should definitely be replacing Marleau or Brown

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
please point out where i said Hyman was a significant reason the line is successful.

I stated the line is one of the best in the league (true) and isnt gonna get broken up (true, if you arent convinced after
140 games im not sure what to tell you)

The line has been broken up multiple times over the past two seasons , Hyman however has never left AMs side for some unknown reason.

Also I know Hyman will never be moved from Mathews wing as long Babcock is our coach , but that wasn't what the discussion was about .

Unbelievably the only players Babcock hasn't separated the last 2 seasons (when helthy) are AM and Hyman , isn't that kind of shocking to you ?

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
The line has been broken up multiple times over the past two seasons , Hyman however has never left AMs side for some unknown reason.

Also I know Hyman will never be moved from Mathews wing as long Babcock is our coach , but that wasn't what the discussion was about .

Unbelievably the only players Babcock hasn't separated the last 2 seasons (when helthy) are AM and Hyman , isn't that kind of shocking to you ?

Matthews has 66 goals in a season and a half, 90% of which are at ES. maybe, just maybe the guy who won a cup and olympic gold knows what he is doing?

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Matthews has 66 goals in a season and a half, 90% of which are at ES. maybe, just maybe the guy who won a cup and olympic gold knows what he is doing?
or maybe the highly touted prospect with insane skills knows what he's doing when it comes to scoring goals?

Reactions: hotpaws

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
or maybe the highly touted prospect with insane skills knows what he's doing when it comes to scoring goals?

didnt say that he doesnt. just not gonna be one of those fans jumping on babcocks back for not dropping Hyman off a line that has been tearing it up. Leafs are on pace for 103 pts. not bad considering a year and a half ago they were the worst in the league. Babs has done a good job

Reactions: DirkStraun

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
didnt say that he doesnt. just not gonna be one of those fans jumping on babcocks back for not dropping Hyman off a line that has been tearing it up. Leafs are on pace for 103 pts. not bad considering a year and a half ago they were the worst in the league. Babs has done a good job
well as I've said, the biggest change i'd make with regards to Matthews is improving his PP linemates and give him more ice time. I'd prefer to see him with Kapanen at 5v5, but I can accept that Babcock will never make that change

Moonman

Jul 3, 2015
I wish I had Auston's cell #. I'd text him and ask him what he thinks about Hyman being permanently attached to him.

Discordia

Nov 1, 2017
Kappa is a RW. Hyman is being forced into playing LW.

If Kappa is given time on Matthews wing it's at the expense of Nylander, not Hyman.

The only switch Babcock would make with the Hyman line would be moving Hyman to the RW.

He's never leaving Matthews side. Ever.

Did none of you do any research on this coach before he came here?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->