NHL Player - Kasperi Kapanen

Willie Oree

Nov 30, 2010
6-8-5-13
He's been fantastic since being promoted and still only 21? could be a real asset moving forward if he continues to progress

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
can't believe he's only 21. good and gonna get better. hopefully he gets a top-9 role next season. most likely imo with nylander probably moving to C

sanfordn

Oct 14, 2017
It’s exciting to see the rest of the shaniplan come together.

This year, Kap, Dermott.

I wonder who’s next, Aaltonen, lil?

How’s korshkov and Will doing?

member 147413

Let’s temper our expectations a bit guys. He’s played really well in his checking 4th line role.

He has 6 points in 30 career games.

Reactions: SAMCRO44

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Let’s temper our expectations a bit guys. He’s played really well in his checking 4th line role.

He has 6 points in 30 career games.
he's better than his numbers. he's obviously not the type of player to drive a team, but he's exactly the kind of player you want as depth after your big scoring threats

weems

Jul 3, 2008
It’s exciting to see the rest of the shaniplan come together.

This year, Kap, Dermott.

I wonder who’s next, Aaltonen, lil?

How’s korshkov and Will doing?

Andreas Johnsson is the next one.

Reactions: Morgs

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
kappy has potential to be great or even elite on defense and the PK, its a fast league now and kapanen has no problem keeping up with anyone in the nhl...he has elite speed and actually has very good size...on top of that he can give you 40-60 points a year, he has a good shot and good skills

Last edited:

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Like Dermott, I think Kapanen is another player that Babcock might've been referring to with the "the right players always end up on the team, though sometimes they don't end up on the team right away" quote. Definitely look like they belong.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
i really want nylander to center his own line, he gets to passive and reliant on matthews, we all know he can take over more and dictate play if hes a center.. kapanen would fit well on any top 9 line too imo

hyman-matthews -kapanen/marner
marleau-kadri-marner/kapanen
jvr/leivo-nylander-brown

Reactions: Duckrider

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
i really want nylander to center his own line, he gets to passive and reliant on matthews, we all know he can take over more and dictate play if hes a center.. kapanen would fit well on any top 9 line too imo

hyman-matthews -kapanen/marner
marleau-kadri-marner/kapanen
jvr/leivo-nylander-brown

Marleau-Nylander-Kapanen might be the fastest line in the league if they get put together at some point.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Marleau-Nylander-Kapanen might be the fastest line in the league if they get put together at some point.
would be insanely fast but doubt it happens, marleau and kappy are two of our better two way wingers and nylander is still learning defence, as long as kadri is on the team he will likely get the defensive wingers on his line.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
would be insanely fast but doubt it happens, marleau and kappy are two of our better two way wingers and nylander is still learning defence, as long as kadri is on the team he will likely get the defensive wingers on his line.

Kadri doesn't really play a speed game though, I feel like he does better when he has heavier wingers like Leivo/Komarov/Hyman to go on long cycles with.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
scoring at a 25gl pace this year in 4th line minutes, and once his oish% regresses to the mean the assists will come up along with it.

Reactions: Morgs and weems

Joedoggy

Feb 7, 2017
scoring at a 25gl pace this year in 4th line minutes, and once his oish% regresses to the mean the assists will come up along with it.

One off a defensemen foot and one knocked in by defence stick?.....as long as the app d-men keep scoring for him he will be fine.

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
One off a defensemen foot and one knocked in by defence stick?.....as long as the app d-men keep scoring for him he will be fine.
It is obvious you don't like Kapanen for some reason. Just curious, what is our record since he has been in the line up?

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I think he's a pretty underrated playmaker, but I don't see him getting too many assists from the 4th line unfortunately. I'd put him in Hyman's spot at 5v5 and Brown's spot on the pp

MatthewNylander

Oct 17, 2017
He is a good player very quick but I noticed at last night game against the sens he is smaller than Sosh and gets knocked off the puck and his feet lots .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad