Kasperi Kapanen

Status
Not open for further replies.

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
There are so many AHL and NHL players that are interchangeable, these days. Kapanen has mad skills in some areas, but since he should get stronger, fitter and wiser before entering the NHL, but he is way better than say a Panik who was an NHLer that of course many board members fell in love with.

To say he is not going to make the NHL, is well, he just is going to make the NHL

Canadian Finn

Oskee Wee Wee
Feb 21, 2014
The Hammer
KK will definitely have a permanent role in the NHL...not 2016 season...although I could see him being a call up in 2016...

2017 he'll be a fixture on the team....

Nylander centering Kaspari and Komarov...awesome second line.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
KK will definitely have a permanent role in the NHL...not 2016 season...although I could see him being a call up in 2016...

2017 he'll be a fixture on the team....

Nylander centering Kaspari and Komarov...awesome second line.

If Stor-Nyllet is being kept away from Nyllet jr... He could be an NHL center one day. Otherwise he might be a wicked winger.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
He missed the first couple of weeks with the flu. Also lost some weight and stamina then.
But he got the tools be an impact player for us once he hits his peak.

Smart, strong skater, good shot, hard worker. Future is bright.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
He missed the first couple of weeks with the flu. Also lost some weight and stamina then.
But he got the tools be an impact player for us once he hits his peak.

Smart, strong skater, good shot, hard worker. Future is bright.

How do you miss a couple of weeks with the flu?

highslot

Jul 10, 2012
I love our prospects but dermott and percy are really unlikely to be top pairing. most of those type are big point producers in juniors like sanhiem, theadore i dont think we have that yet. Also I don't see a top goalie in bibeau at all, he hasn't even secured that in the ahl yet.

But this is the first year in the rebuild there are much more years of pain left.

As for kapanen, he has great vision but needs to be shiftier and stronger on the boards to be good in the nhl

i agree overall, but i was talking about a d2 to shut down a top line. rielly is our d1 of the future. although chychrun-rielly would make an ok pairing...

there is at least 3 more years of pain, but i think around 5 to cup contend:

roughly:

nylander, leivo, percy up this year or next,
marner, kk, brown up next year,
bracco, timashov, dermott, nielson, bracco 2016 first, up next year or the following
dzierkals up the following.

assuming we still have jvr, gardiner, komorov, berner.

Last edited:

Giuseppe Sallo

ELE-VAT-ED
Apr 20, 2007
Back to L.A
twitter.com
/QUOTE]

Two Words: Mike Babcock.

I believe in the 4 principles of building down the middle but have 4 core guys. We already have 3.

Defence will certainly but tough to call but not betting JC to be prize pick.

As for 5 years of pain....Once the kids get comfortable with the system, who knows.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden

I believe in the 4 principles of building down the middle but have 4 core guys. We already have 3.

As for 5 years of pain....Once the kids get comfortable with the system, who knows.

We have 1. Rielly. The other pieces are just potential ones right now. Not every potential core piece pans out, as history would teach us.

gabeliscious

Jan 8, 2009
/QUOTE]

rielly, nylander, marner?

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
We have 1. Rielly. The other pieces are just potential ones right now. Not every potential core piece pans out, as history would teach us.

True but can we say we have 1.75 since Nylander looks so promising? Please? It makes us sounder closer to 4 than just 1! Haha

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
This guy has been a tease to me....looking super good but the points...not so much

Theres plenty of pure goal scorers that don't rack up assist points, clarksons 30 goal year resulted in him only scoring 46 points. As long as he keeps getting goals who really cares about point totals, hes a shooter not a playmaker.

mallory67

Jul 2, 2015
North Carolina
Theres plenty of pure goal scorers that don't rack up assist points, clarksons 30 goal year resulted in him only scoring 46 points. As long as he keeps getting goals who really cares about point totals, hes a shooter not a playmaker.

If you have Marner and Nylander ... you need some shooters!

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Don't think a compass akin with Clarkson will do Kapanen any good. Rick Nash once putted up 40 goals with like 16 assists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->