Post-Game Talk: Kasperi "Fastest Player On Earth" Kapanen with 2 | Leafs 4 Kings 1 (Matthews doesnt score ~ bust)

Status
Not open for further replies.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Nice clean game for us. We parked the bus in the third and we played uphill today against some biased reffing (against us) and a lot of obstruction (again, against us). But we grind-ed the victory out.

Trying my best not to be arrogant about it, but I thought this was a good "test" game for us because we stayed mentally strong throughout it all. Every season, your going to have some of these games where you don't get the whistle.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Damn. LA is so trash offensively. They had so much shots but I only remember the Doughty shot that Sparks gloved. They need to rebuild.

Many people complain about us being soft but I'd much rather be built like us then be like the Kings who are big, pretty slow and cant score.

Two different contrasts of teams and we didn't even play well but still handled them.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Good job as a whole. Despite the officials desperately trying to get the Kings into the game, they held out. Timely scoring, spreading it out a bit, and goaltending getting the job done.

Some nice work by Kapanen to firmly secure his spot with Matthews for the time being. Wow the LA powerplay sucks. Matthews trying a bit more to get his assist totals climbing. And Sparks got his job done. Hopefully all those things (including LA's bad powerplay for lols) continue going forward. It's nice when things come together in a positive way.
Good job Sparks proving the doubters wrong!
If one bad game isn't enough to give up on him one strong game isn't enough to prove anything either. Can't have it both ways. Either single games don't matter or they do.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I have nothing to complain about from the Leafs.

All 4 lines were great, Kappy, Kadri, and Dermott had great games I thought.

I’ll complain.

Nylander please come back. You are missing out. You don’t want to have a FOMO.

Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
When people say "terrible game", are they referring to the entertainment value or the leafs' performance?

Because it shouldn't be the latter. Leafs got a lead, then were passive but gave them nothing. A complete team win

TMLS

Oct 30, 2013
London, Ontario
Hyman is playing excellent, there's no reason to break that line up.
I bet you said the same thing when Hyman was with Matthews/Nylander last year. Tavares/Marner would have a few more assists if it wasnt for Hyman being on that line. Matthews gonna ton more assists this year just by not having Hyman on the line. Hyman is bottom 9 fwrd, Kapanen top 6..Egocock thinks the opposite.

Reactions: JayDog17

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Fantastic zone exits tonight for the most part. LA couldn’t do ****, they may have had some decent possession time but no real chances.
They put zero pressure on us, we were quick on our feet and the forward weren’t jumping the zone, making for nice easy passes with speed out of our end. Easiest win of the year.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Many people complain about us being soft but I'd much rather be built like us then be like the Kings who are big, pretty slow and cant score.

Two different contrasts of teams and we didn't even play well but still handled them.

Yeah. Most enjoyable part was watching 11 million dollar man Doughty bounce off Matthews lol

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012
Glad Sparks shut people up for at least a few days.

Great to see secondary scoring carry the offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->