Kase tade - comparable

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014
1st round pick, Backes with retention and a d prospect taken in the 2nd round.

A similar trade for CGY would look like

Kase
for
2020 1st, Lucic (25%) and Kylington.

Would you have liked this?

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Kylington is more valuable than Axel Andersson in my opinion.

Additionally though, Lucic has 1 more year on his deal than Backes so I would argue its roughly 50% worse. So the additions to move him would need to be much more.

Something closer to our 1st + a prospect like Pelletier. Even that probably isn't enough.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
No. I would not have liked this. Boston has a lot of players that are over 30 and should be going for it considering their contender status and their cup window. They need cap space to try to re-sign Krug. This move makes all of the sense for them, even considering Kase is kind of a question mark.

Despite all the desperate cries from fans to blow the Flames' core up if they fail to make the playoffs or have another 1st round exit the forward core are all 26 or younger, the blue line has some very good up and comers, and there's still a lot of AHL talent with upside. I'm still not really a big Lucic guy but he's been fine this year. His contract concerns are valid but also overblown. I'm open to trading the 1st for an RFA looking like they're on the verge of breaking out, but I see no real reason to weigh down that pick's value with Lucic and I would hope it would be a player with less questions and more proven production than Kase.

Last edited:

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
1st round pick, Backes with retention and a d prospect taken in the 2nd round.

A similar trade for CGY would look like

Kase
for
2020 1st, Lucic (25%) and Kylington.

Would you have liked this?
It wouldn't be similar. Looch has a NMC and Backes only had a modified NTC. Backes has had injury problems and is likely done. Lucic is not.

I would not part with our #1 pick or Kylington for Kase. There are better deals to be had outside of our division. If we are going to pony up those types of assets, I'd want Josh Manson in return.

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
In Boston it makes sense. How many more years are Rask, Bergeron, Marchand, and Krejci going to be able to deliver a cup? 3-4 years max.

Calgary has minimum 6-7 years with the core except Gio. The organizations are in different places.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Kylington is more valuable than Axel Andersson in my opinion.

Additionally though, Lucic has 1 more year on his deal than Backes so I would argue its roughly 50% worse. So the additions to move him would need to be much more.

Something closer to our 1st + a prospect like Pelletier. Even that probably isn't enough.

Lucic has two more years than Backes.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
We will not be able to get rid of Lucic that cheap...keep on dreaming. His contract is much worse

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad