Former Bruins Karson Kuhlman waived - claimed by Seattle

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA
My hope next year is to see a line of Lauko - Kuraly - Kuhlman. They can deliver elite speed, defense, hitting, and timely goals. They are also key contributors to proven winners: Lauko in the Memorial Cup and Kuraly and Kuhlman in the NCAA.
It won't be the start of the year but I think we see it at some point.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Bjork can't stay healthy.

Can we wait until after Wednesday for this?
I'm with Allison on this one,let's win Wednesday, enjoy the parade and maybe even be a little obnoxious about it,but just a bit,don't want to go overboard
I have some strong opinions on what happens next,will just have to wait

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Pretty crazy to think that just a little over 1-year ago, both Kuhlman and Clifton were unsigned (Clifton) and undrafted (Kuhlman) UFAs and now here both are about to play in Game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals. Shows you how quickly things can change for both players and teams.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Pretty crazy to think that just a little over 1-year ago, both Kuhlman and Clifton were unsigned (Clifton) and undrafted (Kuhlman) UFAs and now here both are about to play in Game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals. Shows you how quickly things can change for both players and teams.

I just listened to that interview with Pierre McGuire that Fenway linked earlier in the thread and he was raving about him. Said he went to the same high school as Jamie Langenbrunner and he was the one who advised the Bruins to have a look at him

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I just listened to that interview with Pierre McGuire that Fenway linked earlier in the thread and he was raving about him. Said he went to the same high school as Jamie Langenbrunner and he was the one who advised the Bruins to have a look at him

Our NCAA scouting is top notch.

We are so good at identifying these guys that I have never really cared about moving deadline picks for help Sweeney was always gonna bring in someone good via the UDFA route. We've done a pretty good job punting on similar prospects as well. OGara/Lindgren could have blocked Clifton if they weren't moved to the rags and neither have done much of anything in their system. That Minny Duluth team is crazy good couldn't they walked all over my Friars and Umass this year without Kuhlman who was their star the year before when they won it all.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
My hope next year is to see a line of Lauko - Kuraly - Kuhlman. They can deliver elite speed, defense, hitting, and timely goals. They are also key contributors to proven winners: Lauko in the Memorial Cup and Kuraly and Kuhlman in the NCAA.

Lauko will most likely spend next year in the AHL, but kuhlman can definitely carve out a nice 4th line role with Wagner and kuraly

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Lauko will most likely spend next year in the AHL, but kuhlman can definitely carve out a nice 4th line role with Wagner and kuraly

I don't see no 4th line player though I'm sure he would do fine there

I see a future 2nd line RW playing alongside with Debrusk for the next 5 plus seasons

Friar85

Dec 16, 2013
Is that the consensus regarding Lauko? AHL seems to be a pretty big jump for a 19 year old who was around a PPG in the Q.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I would take Kuhlman over Heinen, looks like he'll put up more points. Plus he will be cheaper than Danton.

Oh, and Kuhlman will be cheaper next year. if Kuhlman comes out and puts up more points than Heinen, guess what? Next year Kuhlman will want more money than Heinen when he is a RFA

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I think a 4th line of kuhlman replacing ufa accari with the checking of kuraly/wagner and then the versatility of Nordstrom is where we ware headed... and it wouldnt shock me to see backes becoming part of this mix either… those are 5 pretty good names to build a 4th line out of

Heinen can stay... I believe we have the cap room... hes more of a 1st line/3rd line option... im projecting Bjork will once again win a spot out of camp and this time keep it if injuries dont strike again. so 2 positions are likely going to Heinen/Bjork but as to who plays where... I cant say

I dont see the cap room to bring back Johansson... so I sort of see coyle sliding over into his spot as a winger... this might sound crazy but we got a lot of very talented kid centers in the pipeline and I see federic seasoned enough now that I do expect him to come to camp with confidence and I do see him winning a spot.

a 3rd line with coyle there to nursemaid federic just seems like a very likely possibility to me...and then I guess probably Heinen to help with defensive assignments.

let Bjork move up to bergreon/marchand where he has played before... break him in

let pastrnak once again try to mesh with krejci/debrusk to give us the 2 scoring lines we want/need

for me... kuhlman has a spot on the team but hes behind Heinen/Bjork and even federic due to lower upside potential. if the other kids fail than kuhlman is good depth to move up and fill a hole later

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

Sub Frederic for Lauko.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
I don't see no 4th line player though I'm sure he would do fine there

I see a future 2nd line RW playing alongside with Debrusk for the next 5 plus seasons

In his four years at Duluth Kuhlman was around .5ppg, and his one season in the AHL he was around a .5ppg as well. To put it into perspective, Sean Kuraly and Acciari were arguably better offensive players in college and they're 4th liners.

I'm hoping for him and development isn't linear obviously, but suggesting hes the 2nd line RW next year is borderline delusional. Its not all about points, but he needs more production to even sniff the top six.

Reactions: Estlin

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
for me... kuhlman has a spot on the team but hes behind Heinen/Bjork and even federic due to lower upside potential. if the other kids fail than kuhlman is good depth to move up and fill a hole later

Bingo - I want to see him produce before we hand a top six spot over to him. Hes behind Heinen, Bjork and Frederic right now IMO.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009

I like this thinking. Both Lauko and Kuhlman would be ELC contracts. I think it could work quite well.

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
I said I would take Kuhlman over Heinen because Heinen reminds me of Mike Milbury going on a rush against Larry Robinson and for that salary no thanks.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
I feel like it's really tough to get a handle on the upside for this guy because he was a mediocre scorer in college.

But management is absolutely crazy about him. He can really wheel and he play hard and is good in his own zone. Does anyone have a guess on the upside for him offensively? I think most of us would be happy with 15 goals but you don't put him on the second line if that's his limit so management must see more.

What really stands out is his shot. That laser in Game 6 was unreal. In pre-season, you could see that he has a little hitch in his shot that freezes goalies and makes it hard to read.

What do you see as the upper limit on how much he could realistically score this year?

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I feel like it's really tough to get a handle on the upside for this guy because he was a mediocre scorer in college.

But management is absolutely crazy about him. He can really wheel and he play hard and is good in his own zone. Does anyone have a guess on the upside for him offensively? I think most of us would be happy with 15 goals but you don't put him on the second line if that's his limit so management must see more.

What really stands out is his shot. That laser in Game 6 was unreal. In pre-season, you could see that he has a little hitch in his shot that freezes goalies and makes it hard to read.

What do you see as the upper limit on how much he could realistically score this year?
I'd say he has all the tools but scoring touch but then he pulls off something like he did in Game 6 and it makes you wonder.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
Like him as a player, but I just dont see him as someone that can become a regular for 82games.

At some point, we will see Bjork take his spot and these kids will flip flop during the season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->