Former Bruins Karson Kuhlman waived - claimed by Seattle

BruinsNetwork

The issue I see, is the incompatibility between Krejci and Kuhlman

Krejci and Debrusk are not the most compatible either, though they have some "tricks"

I would try to change up the lines (if the scoring drought continues- other than 1st line)

Marchand Bergeron Pasta
Debrusk Coyle Kuhlman
Heinen Krejci Ritchie
4th line

Krejci gets demoted to L3 AND has to play with Ritchie? That man has a family, jeez.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
If/when his hands catch up to his legs he could have a real impact on the game - right now he seems like an average/decent bottom 6er. Love his approach to the game but all too often he shows a solid effort that results in not much.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
The issue I see, is the incompatibility between Krejci and Kuhlman

Krejci and Debrusk are not the most compatible either, though they have some "tricks"

I would try to change up the lines (if the scoring drought continues- other than 1st line)

Marchand Bergeron Pasta
Debrusk Coyle Kuhlman
Heinen Krejci Ritchie
4th line

Oof. Swing and a miss. Get Krejci some help instead of demoting him. 73 points last year. Kuhlman isn't a top 6 winger.

Reactions: Skelen

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Karson’s mom Jennifer was seriously injured overseas while serving in the Military. Some of her friends have set up a Go Fund Me to help her.

It was RT’d by local Bruins writers like Matt Kalyan and Mike Cratty.

My thoughts are with her, Karson and the entire family.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
bumping this with kuhlman closing in on a return. in cassidy's presser the other day, he
said when young guys get healthy, "they usually go down to providence to get some games".
he then said it's dependent upon team situation and other stuff. i've always liked this guy
and found him to be a nice solution on RW in the bottom 6. if you land a legit 2RW and
heinen is moved in that deal (or a subsequent deal), i'd be ok with a bjork-coyle-kuhlman
line. would still try to find a depth veteran winger that can plug in here and there, someone
that can skate (since backes doesn't seem to have much chance of playing, based on history).

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
bumping this with kuhlman closing in on a return. in cassidy's presser the other day, he
said when young guys get healthy, "they usually go down to providence to get some games".
he then said it's dependent upon team situation and other stuff. i've always liked this guy
and found him to be a nice solution on RW in the bottom 6. if you land a legit 2RW and
heinen is moved in that deal (or a subsequent deal), i'd be ok with a bjork-coyle-kuhlman
line. would still try to find a depth veteran winger that can plug in here and there, someone
that can skate (since backes doesn't seem to have much chance of playing, based on history).

This is my thinking too. I'm hopeful that Kuhlman can give that 3rd line the scoring edge it lacks. He could certainly skate and keep up with Bjork and Coyle, and play with the same hustle, and ideally he'll continue to develop the good shot and scoring touch we've seen something of already. Will make that line not just busy and capable but dangerous. Get the right 2RW and then, with a little luck, the top 3 lines will all pose a legitimate scoring threat, and the 4th should have its chances too if it gets back to its proper combo of Nordy-Kuraly-Wags.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Karson’s mom Jennifer was seriously injured overseas while serving in the Military. Some of her friends have set up a Go Fund Me to help her.

It was RT’d by local Bruins writers like Matt Kalyan and Mike Cratty.

My thoughts are with her, Karson and the entire family.

wow, that's awful. Hope she makes a full recovery.

with that said, what kind of f***ed up country do we live in where a member of the military (and mother of an NHL player) is injured in the line of duty and still needs a gofundme to cover medical care?

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Impressed me tons last year... and i like his story

Could he end up 4th line?
Maybe...

Could he end up scoring some?
Seems a hard worker energy guy

I feel he could have benefitted ahl time instead of injury... and maybe injury will set him back? Bjork definitly was set back

Kuhlman has a place on my fantasy lineup next year though...

Would love to see him/coyle/debrusk

BruinsNetwork

Impressed me tons last year... and i like his story

Could he end up 4th line?
Maybe...

Could he end up scoring some?
Seems a hard worker energy guy

I feel he could have benefitted ahl time instead of injury... and maybe injury will set him back? Bjork definitly was set back

Kuhlman has a place on my fantasy lineup next year though...

Would love to see him/coyle/debrusk

Personally, I think his upside is more middle-six utility player than it is fourth-liner, but that's just me. He'll probably carve out a nice role on the third-line for years to come– wether it's in Boston or elsewhere.

Reactions: Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Personally, I think his upside is more middle-six utility player than it is fourth-liner, but that's just me. He'll probably carve out a nice role on the third-line for years to come– wether it's in Boston or elsewhere.

I agree, Kuhlman belongs in the middle-six for me, preferably 3rd line. He has the hustle to play the 4th, although maybe not the defensive nous as yet, but his offensive upside seems higher than that. He's got a good shot, but what I'd like to see if he can further develop with a decent run in Boston is his passing game and chemistry with a shrewd center like Coyle.

Looking forward to seeing how he progresses, hopefully with good health and a little luck.

Reactions: Blowfish

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
in brett ritchie's last 19 games, he had 3 points (all assists). after missing 3 months with
a busted leg, kuhlman got 2 assists in 2:13 on his 2nd and 3rd shifts of the game. doesn't
mean anything, just funny to see. his speed makes a difference, his IQ and positional
awareness make ritchie look like a guy i played against the other night in beer league.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
in brett ritchie's last 19 games, he had 3 points (all assists). after missing 3 months with
a busted leg, kuhlman got 2 assists in 2:13 on his 2nd and 3rd shifts of the game. doesn't
mean anything, just funny to see. his speed makes a difference, his IQ and positional
awareness make ritchie look like a guy i played against the other night in beer league.
The dude just seems to have "it," was disappointing seeing fans chirping him in the GDT last night because they wanted someone tougher. He's never going to be a top line guy, but he's smart enough and speedy to make a solid career in the middle 6, hopefully with the Bruins.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

But Ritchie had a goal after about 20 seconds of his bruins career.

That was pretty funny too.

Reactions: neelynugs and BMC

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Saw him in Providence last Sunday. Kid works hard and you know when he's on the ice - makes things happen.

speed kills and while it would be tremendous if Kuhlman had a bit more of an offensive punch, that speed of his alone forced a number of rushed passes from Pens D. Clearly terrific the kid picked up a few helpers but where I think he is most effective is using that speed to really put a push on an opponent to move the puck quicker than they would like to

Think Lindholm is the same but clearly with much less of an offensive side too, uses his speed well and takes very strong angles when on the forecheck. Should never be on a 3rd line but clearly that`s due to DK being out

Reactions: Mission ImPastable

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad