Karri Ramo

bebl

Jul 5, 2008
Finland
:laugh::laugh: at people thinking MacDonald is playing to be shopped. He is playing because he has been better in games and in practice. If Ramo wants to win the starting job he needs to be the better of the 2 in practice and then show it in a game.
So Mac won n1 spot after one game by both goalies. nice

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
There is some serious overreaction going on about the goalie situation. Mac hasn't won the starting job in anyway shape or form nor is him playing a reflection on Ramo being bad. All that has happened is Hartley has liked how Mac has played in practice a little bit more so he was getting the starts. Ramo will have tonight and many other nights to win the starting job. I understand that we are excited about Ramo but for the love of god can we calm down its not like Mac-N-Stack has cost us any games.

St Wardo

Registered Prophet
Oct 16, 2013
New Brunswick
I think the biggest problem with joey is that he still hasn't gotten any goals. hopefully ramo can show him how to play hockey tonight :sarcasm:

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Yeah, I find it a bit odd that people have been saying MacDonald has been playing better in practice. That is jumping to conclusion way too fast. Unless Hartley said something that I'm not aware of.

:shakehead Disagree. Hartley did say that MacDonald was better in practice.

Um, are we interrupting? :laugh:

lol what was I doing last night lol

SaekkiPaelli

Oct 1, 2011
So are they gonna bench Ramo already or give him another start ?

I hope they give him another start, I really liked him in the KHL in the few games I saw. And I think he deserves another start really soon, maybe not the next game but if MacDonald isn't great in the next one then the one after.
Besides, the only goal yesterday you could fault him for was the fifth and even that one was redirected. The four goals in the first and second period were all bad D. Saved a bunch of breakaways, and played solid most of the game.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Ramo looked solid in net last night. I am WAY more confident with him than I am with Joey Stacks. Give this guy some games and let him find his groove.

Me too. I was thinking last night that we can really see the difference between a goaltender and a puck stopper with our two goalies. Ramo never made the double-pad stack save, or the leaping stick save, because he was never out of position enough to need to make that kind of save. He didn't give up bad rebounds and he stopped ever shot that wasn't a deflection or cross-crease one-timer. I was very impressed. His composure and battle throughout the game, even when he let some in, were extremely encouraging.

Beats By CoRD

Tommy Fresh
Jul 12, 2009
In The Studio
www.myflashstore.net
Me too. I was thinking last night that we can really see the difference between a goaltender and a puck stopper with our two goalies. Ramo never made the double-pad stack save, or the leaping stick save, because he was never out of position enough to need to make that kind of save. He didn't give up bad rebounds and he stopped ever shot that wasn't a deflection or cross-crease one-timer. I was very impressed. His composure and battle throughout the game, even when he let some in, were extremely encouraging.

Agree 100%. His fundamentals seem miles ahead of Joeys. If Ramo can emerge as our legit #1, we have ourselves a very capable back-up in Joey StackDaddy.

superhakan

Gaudreauby Baker
Dec 2, 2008
Ramo was good last night.

Every goal was either a tip or a cross crease pass to an uncovered player.

It would be nice if we gave him the chance to win a starting job against Columbus rather than San Jose and Washington.

May 27, 2012
Earth
Do you believe everything Flames management tells you to believe?

Ramo looked much better against SJ than Joey did in any of his games, better in practice my ass.

Or maybe...Ramo actually did much better in practice to be able to play in the SJ game? He had an excellent game, no doubt about it. I am not questioning anybody because it was impressive that we went 3-0-2 without Cammy, Stajan, and Jones.

Hartley is in charge of the decisions. Whoever he chooses to play in net I am right behind him.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Do you believe everything Flames management tells you to believe?

Ramo looked much better against SJ than Joey did in any of his games, better in practice my ass.
oh right, everything is just a conspiracy instead right?

strap on your tinfoil hat you will be in for a long ride

marquee

Apr 7, 2011
oh right, everything is just a conspiracy instead right?

strap on your tinfoil hat you will be in for a long ride

What conspiracy is here. Only a fool believes what the media and management spews.

Ramo been better training camp and preseason. Your telling me that right now practise is some factor???

Obvious reason is ramo needed time to adjust and time with coaches.

Aug 3, 2010
What conspiracy is here. Only a fool believes what the media and management spews.

Ramo been better training camp and preseason. Your telling me that right now practise is some factor???

Obvious reason is ramo needed time to adjust and time with coaches.

Sources I am likely to believe in order from most likely to least likely:

- Bob McKenzie
-
- TSN in general
-
- Team Staff/Management
-
- Local beat writers
-
- Eklund/Hockeybuzz on draft or deadline days
-
-
- HFBoards posters I'm accustomed to seeing
-
- Random HFBoards poster
-
-
-
- Eklund/HockeyBuzz when it's not deadline day or draft day

I'll give you a guess as to where I would slot you in, Marquee.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad