Injury Report: Karri Ramo Groin Injury

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
Thiessen did play 5 games for the Pens a few years ago. And won 3. With pretty awful stats though.

Ortio started skating recently, but still won't be ready for a while.

Thiessen is really the only option..... Hopefully Ramo isn't too bad and Hiller can run with it for a while

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Thiessen did play 5 games for the Pens a few years ago. And won 3. With pretty awful stats though.

Ortio started skating recently, but still won't be ready for a while.

Thiessen is really the only option..... Hopefully Ramo isn't too bad and Hiller can run with it for a while
I don't think Ortio will be back this year. I expect Gillies to be signed in a week and join the team as the backup for the playoffs if Ramo is out for a while and we make the playoffs.

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
The Flames charter that flew in Johnny and Arnold last year is currently in Boston. Presumably for the frozen four? Ready to bring over Gillies or maybe O'Connor? Or maybe it's nothing and just Conroy or someone over there watching

Last edited:

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
The Flames charter that flew in Johnny and Arnold last year is currently in Boston. Presumably for the frozen four? Ready to bring over Gillies or maybe O'Connor? Or maybe it's nothing and just Conroy or someone over there watching

Wouldn't be surprised if it's for Gillies. If they lose in the FF, you'd think Gillies would be taken straight to the Flames instead of Thiessen.

Aug 21, 2014

Maybe both. :naughty:

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
That's the one.

Speaking of Mason McDonald.
Was anyone aware that this kid had the second best SV% in the QM this year; on a pretty average/bad team?

Oddly enough, I think Calgary got themselves a really good prospect here.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Speaking of Mason McDonald.
Was anyone aware that this kid had the second best SV% in the QM this year; on a pretty average/bad team?

Oddly enough, I think Calgary got themselves a really good prospect here.

What do you mean by "oddly enough?" He was an early second-rounder and the first goalie taken. That should've been expected. :laugh:

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
What do you mean by "oddly enough?" He was an early second-rounder and the first goalie taken. That should've been expected. :laugh:

There was much *****ing on this forum :laugh:
I liked the pick from the start, the tears we-a-flowing here though.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I don't think it says anywhere in the CBA where we can't switch call ups with Ortio and Thiessen.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA

For me, it wasn't much "*****ing" on McDonald, I just felt that we picked a goalie too early. Though, I am glad we did, because once we picked Mason, there were like 4/5 more goalies picked in the 2nd round.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I think much of it was the "who" reaction. Poirier got the same reaction at first, now everyone loves him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad