Injury Report: Karri Ramo Groin Injury

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
War Grouin. I hope it scores like in the QMJHL.

*i thought you spelled it Grouin fo sha.

On a related note, it sucks but at least the balls is entirely in Jonas' court.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
K, the spelling thing has gotten really old.

Hope Ramo's ok. Now is the time have a 1A/1B setup works out. I'd hate for Curtis McElhinney to have to lead us into the playoffs :help:

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
K, the spelling thing has gotten really old.

Hope Ramo's ok. Now is the time have a 1A/1B setup works out. I'd hate for Curtis McElhinney to have to lead us into the playoffs :help:

As a backup he's ok.

At least is solves the 1, 2 dilemma.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I hope it's not too bad. Gives Hiller the starting job though, and I'm confident he runs with it.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
As a backup he's ok.

At least is solves the 1, 2 dilemma.

Hasn't been a dilemma for us this year. Neither goalie has lost confidence or grown frustrated and both have been solid when they've come in.

It's bad because where before we had a reliable second option if one goalie was struggling, now we have to endure whatever rough patch Hiller might encounter.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
Can we call up Ortio as an emergency call up?

Why was Friedman talking about Thiessen?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Can we call up Ortio as an emergency call up?

Why was Friedman talking about Thiessen?
Ortio has been injured for over a month and just barely started skating after sustaining a high ankle sprain.

Mason McDonald is also injured, he hurt his knee in game 3 vs Sherbrooke and is in Calgary being examined by Flames doctors.

Jon Gillies is still playing for the Friars.

Thiessen is the only possibility at this point in time.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
Ortio has been injured for over a month and just barely started skating after sustaining a high ankle sprain.

Mason McDonald is also injured, he hurt his knee in game 3 vs Sherbrooke and is in Calgary being examined by Flames doctors.

Jon Gillies is still playing for the Friars.

Thiessen is the only possibility at this point in time.

There you have it.

Tough spot to be in, but Thiessen could be the next Hammond if god forbid Hiller did go down.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
There you have it.

Tough spot to be in, but Thiessen could be the next Hammond if god forbid Hiller did go down.
:laugh::laugh: Thiessen isn't even a good AHL goaltender, if we have to play him we are ****ed. Since Ortio has been injured ADK seemingly needs to score 4+ goals to win.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Take a look at Hammond's AHL numbers this year, AF.
I just did, that is shocking. But I have zero faith in Thiessen. I would rather dress him as a backup for the last 2 games and then sign Gillies when his season finishes for the playoffs. Assuming of course Ramo is still out.

dathockeydoe

@dathockeydoe
Feb 16, 2015
SK
The Flames never offered him a contract. He left as a UFA last summer.

Olivier came to us in the Smid trade, but we didn't give him a qualifying offer.

Yeah I lost track of him. This is the first I've thought about him since tracking him in the ECHL last year. He seemed to play decently last year for Alaska and even played some games for Abbotsford.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Yeah I lost track of him. This is the first I've thought about him since tracking him in the ECHL last year. He seemed to play decently last year for Alaska and even played some games for Abbotsford.
I would say he is about on par with Thiessen. An okay AHL backup, decent ECHL starter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad