Pre-Game Talk: Karlsson's last home game? April fools?? vs Winnipeg, Mon. 7:30 pm on TSN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Because the alternative would be to openly admit that the plan was to get rid of a fan favourite and the team's best player. This isn't rocket science.

There is a reason that PD has been in hiding since the EK rumours started. Almost like he has been put in a witness protection program.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I've been optimistic something would still be worked out, but at this point I feel like I'm just lying to myself. That was a sad sight last night :(

As painful as it is, if we're going to be on such a low strict budget, then signing a player for 10-12.5 mil just doesn't make sense.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Because the alternative would be to openly admit that the plan was to get rid of a fan favourite and the team's best player. This isn't rocket science.

And just when was "this plan" announced, and verified?

Was it published, or just talked about to the STHs?

OOOHHHH... you mean the rumours, based on unsubstantiated speculation, that you and others talked about as if they were real ............... I get it.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I've been optimistic something would still be worked out, but at this point I feel like I'm just lying to myself. That was a sad sight last night :(

As painful as it is, if we're going to be on such a low strict budget, then signing a player for 10-12.5 mil just doesn't make sense.
If that is going to be the case ,then just move the f***en team .....We can never grow as a team/fanbase sandwiched between two of the oldest franchises in the NHL...We need to work twice as hard ,EM needs to start doing this and stop crying

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
And just when was "this plan" announced, and verified?

Was it published, or just talked about to the STHs?

OOOHHHH... you mean the rumours, based on unsubstantiated speculation, that you and others talked about as if they were real ............... I get it.
Your question was why would he lie to the fanbase. I offered a possible solution. I don't KNOW for a fact that he's lying any more than you KNOW for a fact that he's not. If you're willing to take him at his word, that's your prerogative. But if you're not going to debate in good faith, why bother?

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
The fanbase has lost hope of ever being able to win the cup.....We were told with the cap that things would be different ,but its still the same old shit ....Ownership crying poor selling off assets when they become too expensive,all the while we have had the cap space to keep building and retain our most prized tallent.....The f***en shit needs to end period ,EM needs to open his wallet and STFU ,and make billions as this team grows

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
I wouldn't read too much into Karlsson picking up the puck. I don't think Karlsson actually knows if he'll be here or not. He may be hopeful that a new contract is forthcoming but he doesn't know if EM will offer him fair value. So he grabbed the puck because he does NOT know and not because he does know. I'm sure he hopes that he doesn't get traded at the draft and that on July 1 he's offered a good contract. But it's out of his control.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
If that is going to be the case ,then just move the ****en team .....We can never grow as a team/fanbase sandwiched between two of the oldest franchises in the NHL...We need to work twice as hard ,EM needs to start doing this and stop crying
I mean I'd rather have a budget team than no team at all. I could live with being on a strict budget if I believed we came by it honestly and the finances dictated it, but I think EM is full of shit.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Just so we're clear – if it comes to pass that Karlsson gets traded, will you be upset with management for lying to you? Will you stop accepting everything they say as true? Will you stop asking for evidence on any point that's made without a direct quote from a player or management-type?

I know this is hard for you to understand ......... so I'll go over it, again.

First, I've never said or indicated that I believe "everything they say as true", I just take them at their word, until such time they break it. People's words mean a lot more than the rumours started by people who "can read between the lines" or "know what he really meant" rather than the actual words that come out of someones mouth.

So when PD stated the Senators will offer EK65 a contract on July 1st, to the STHs, on March 23rd, I take him at his word........... and that means to me that EK65 will be a Senator on July 1st.

If EK65 is NOT a Senator on July 1st, then he's been traded, and PD has lied to the STHs and everyone in the Ottawa Senators fan-base ........... and I would be extremely upset at both the loss of EK65, and the GM who lied.

If someone who "can read between the lines" or "knows what he really meant" rather than the actual words that come out of someones mouth, and posts about it here as if it's true or as a fait accompli ............ I'll question them about it, why wouldn't you, I, or anyone else do the same?

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I mean I'd rather have a budget team than no team at all. I could live with being on a strict budget if I believed we came by it honestly and the finances dictated it, but I think EM is full of ****.
They wont move the team,but EM does need to stop talking and start doing

Reactions: Gesus

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
There is a reason that PD has been in hiding since the EK rumours started. Almost like he has been put in a witness protection program.

So by saying "been in hiding" you mean scouting the prospects that will be in the top ten of the Entry Draft that is coming up in a couple of months?

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
So by saying "been in hiding" you mean scouting the prospects that will be in the top ten of the Entry Draft that is coming up in a couple of months?

Pierre Dorion was a man who did everything in his power to be in front of a microphone for a season and a half and then suddenly completely disappears from the spotlight, very bizarre indeed.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Isnt that supposed to be the head scout,s job??Besides the team right now needs a strong voice of leadership,something this team is lacking badly

mashedpotato

full stack.
Jan 10, 2012
EK picking up that puck could be nothing sign, but my immediate reaction is that he's done with the Sens.

So... where do you think he'll end up?

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
If EK65 is NOT a Senator on July 1st, then he's been traded, and PD has lied to the STHs and everyone in the Ottawa Senators fan-base ........... and I would be extremely upset at both the loss of EK65, and the GM who lied.

If someone who "can read between the lines" or "knows what he really meant" rather than the actual words that come out of someones mouth, and posts about it here as if it's true or as a fait accompli ............ I'll question them about it, why wouldn't you, I, or anyone else do the same?
You know the saying, "Where there's smoke, there's fire?" Well, there's a metric ton of smoke. You do the math. I'm done for now. I'll be glad and relieved if I'm wrong. But the one advantage to being right will come in the form of the gigantic slice of humble pie you'll have to eat.

Reactions: topshelf15

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Your question was why would he lie to the fanbase. I offered a possible solution. I don't KNOW for a fact that he's lying any more than you KNOW for a fact that he's not. If you're willing to take him at his word, that's your prerogative. But if you're not going to debate in good faith, why bother?

I asked you, or someone else, in this thread ......... to explain the logic....... in PD deliberately Lying to the STHs, in their conference call, assuring them that He'd offer EK65 a contract on July 1st ............ and then trade his before July 1st.

I suggest that it would be the stupidest, most illogical thing anyone who has even been a GM could do.

What possible positive outcome could come from that?

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
So are you saying that lying to STHs, and trading EK65 is going to be the best option for The Senators on their balance sheet for 2018 and beyond?

I am of the belief that re-siging EK65 is the best option, as it fulfills the promise, made numerous times, that re-signing EK65 was their number one priority. And SHLs who were sitting on the fence, would most likley re-up for next year.

You seem to be suggesting the opposite.

No I don't agree with you that lying to the fan base and trading EK is the correct avenue and in fact believe the opposite!

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
You know the saying, "Where there's smoke, there's fire?" Well, there's a metric ton of smoke. You do the math. I'm done for now. I'll be glad and relieved if I'm wrong. But the one advantage to being right will come in the form of the gigantic slice of humble pie you'll have to eat.
Even if he does resign ,the gongshow that happened here ..Is something this team could have done without

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Isnt that supposed to be the head scout,s job??Besides the team right now needs a strong voice of leadership,something this team is lacking badly

Exactly this. The media both local and National is making a circus out of this right now and somebody needs to calm the waters. This circus has been going on for months. Generally that is something the GM does, unfortunately, as I said, the GM is in hiding.

Reactions: topshelf15

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015

That works both ways, for those who 100% say PD is lying directly to STHs, and to everyone else, and then offers EK65 a contract on July 1st.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Knowing that STH sales are already down, why would PD risk even more (non renewals) by blatantly lying to STHs during the conference call??

Please explain that if you can.

That's a pretty easy one to answer. He would lie because he wants more people to renew between March 23 amd the draft (when he might have designs on trading EK). Not really hard to figure out.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Exactly this. The media both local and National is making a circus out of this right now and somebody needs to calm the waters. This circus has been going on for months. Generally that is something the GM does, unfortunately, as I said, the GM is in hiding.
I know everybody here hated BM .But he really was a guy that kept the worst of things ,from the media horde and most of the fans ...He was also never one to hide from anything,in short we miss him right now

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

He has addressed the topic numerous times. There’s really nothing to gain from speaking about it again. If anything what he says will be scrutinized and held against him like past comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad