Pre-Game Talk: Karlsson's last home game? April fools?? vs Winnipeg, Mon. 7:30 pm on TSN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
I'm still convinced they have been waiting since the deadline for the draft lottery (obviously).

If they land Dahlin I think it will give cover for a move because a good chunk of the fan base will go OoooOoh new and possibly improved Karlsson ! Who cares about the original !

If they don't land Dahlin they are going to be in the soup.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I'm still convinced they have been waiting since the deadline for the draft lottery.

If they land Dahlin I think it will give cover for a move because a good chunk of the fan base will go OoooOoh new and possibly improved Karlsson ! Who cares about the original !

If they don't land Dahlin they are going to be in the soup.
Its possible,for me I would resign EK and trade the 1st...I know it may not be the popular thing to do,but it would be worth a ton...And could bring the assets we need to push forward

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Probably because he knows he's going to deal him before July 1st .

Explain the logic in PD's mind, when he publicly went on the record on March 23rd, during a conference call with season-ticket holders telling them ......

"Erik is a fantastic player, the relationship between he, Eugene and myself is strong, and I want all of you to know that.

When we can offer Erik a contract on July 1, we will do so.
"

If PD's true plan is to trader EK65, why in the world would he blatantly lie to STHs, who will the paying customers for the Senators next year and the following years to come?

Just how many STHs would cancel there tickets after such a lie, if a trade is made prior to a contract offer?

It's easy to say he's lying, but it's another thing to explain why he would do so, and how that benefits the longevity of the Senators Franchise in Ottawa.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
blah blah blah
Taking Pierre Dorion at his word is naive. He's shown time and time again to be a hype machine at best and a corporate puppet at worse. That quote will very easily morph into "We said we would offer him a contract on July 1, but an offer come around on June 30 that we couldn't possibly turn down. This is a hockey trade and we wish Erik all the best in Las Vegas."

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
Explain the logic in PD's mind, when he publicly went on the record on March 23rd, during a conference call with season-ticket holders telling them ......

"Erik is a fantastic player, the relationship between he, Eugene and myself is strong, and I want all of you to know that.

"

If PD's true plan is to trader EK65, why in the world would he blatantly lie to STHs, who will the paying customers for the Senators next year and the following years to come?

Just how many STHs would cancel there tickets after such a lie, if a trade is made prior to a contract offer?

It's easy to say he's lying, but it's another thing to explain why he would do so, and how that benefits the longevity of the Senators Franchise in Ottawa.

He could always say he meant July 1 2019...:sarcasm:

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Imo he isn't that stupid and likely thinks the same way as most of us fans do, if it happens, imo it is very clearly a direct order from the owner. We seemingly have no direction and end goal other than to break even/profit, we are owned by a balance sheet who has proven through statements that fans are of little importance.

Do you think that Eugene Melnyk, who you describe as having an end goal of breaking even/profit, is the only person in Canada that thinks trading EK65 is going to increase revenues for next season and beyond, more-so than signing him to a contract extension?

The stock some people put into rumours and unfounded speculation and conspiracy theories, never ceases to amaze me ............. and at the same time they're not believing anything said by, anyone, including the GM and EK65.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Taking Pierre Dorion at his word is naive. He's shown time and time again to be a hype machine at best and a corporate puppet at worse. That quote will very easily morph into "We said we would offer him a contract on July 1, but an offer come around on June 30 that we couldn't possibly turn down. This is a hockey trade and we wish Erik all the best in Las Vegas."

So IF this happened, after saying it would not to the STHs and everyone else in the market place, what do you think the reaction would be?

I suggest numerous STH cancellations, and outrage from the entire fanbase.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013

"

Please bookmark this post for future reference.

He will say "Like I've said all along, we had to always do what was best for this team and listen on every player. We got an offer we felt was better for the Senators long term, so we had to take it. We are committed to building a contender the right way, and that means we have to make hard choices"

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
:(

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
was this his last game? read somewhere that he hasn't been playing away games to be with his wife.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
was this his last game? read somewhere that he hasn't been playing away games to be with his wife.

I'm not sure if there was a further update, but sometime last week the talk was that he would consider going on the final road trip with the team, but it was made to sound like it was far from a sure thing.

I would not be surprised if this is Karlsson's last game this season. Which means, if he is traded, yeah, this has a chance to have been his last game as a Senator.

Reactions: sens13

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
I'm not sure if there was a further update, but sometime last week the talk was that he would consider going on the final road trip with the team, but it was made to sound like it was far from a sure thing.

I would not be surprised if this is Karlsson's last game this season. Which means, if he is traded, yeah, this has a chance to have been his last game as a Senator.

During his first interview following his personal situation, he mentioned that, following the Jets’ game, he would re-evaluate if he was going to go on the road for the last 3 games, as he hadn’t left his wife (to travel) since their loss.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
During his first interview following his personal situation, he mentioned that, following the Jets’ game, he would re-evaluate if he was going to go on the road for the last 3 games, as he hadn’t left his wife (to travel) since their loss.

He went to Detroit, since their loss. Only away for one night though......... this upcoming road trip is from (departing) today, until the end of their season.

Last edited:

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
So IF this happened, after saying it would not to the STHs and everyone else in the market place, what do you think the reaction would be?

I suggest numerous STH cancellations, and outrage from the entire fanbase.

Are you seriously hiding under a rock?? There have already been numerous STH cancellations and outrage. Nobody believes a word that comes from Dorion's mouth.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Do you think that Eugene Melnyk, who you describe as having an end goal of breaking even/profit, is the only person in Canada that thinks trading EK65 is going to increase revenues for next season and beyond, more-so than signing him to a contract extension?

The stock some people put into rumours and unfounded speculation and conspiracy theories, never ceases to amaze me ............. and at the same time they're not believing anything said by, anyone, including the GM and EK65.

All signs seem to point to it which is unreal, but no he is not the only one out there im sure, so many crazy people these days.

I am skeptical of anyone who has something substantial to gain by lying especially when money is involved, the Owner, GM and Erik himself all have motive here which is easy to see for anyone using critical thinking skills.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Are you seriously hiding under a rock?? There have already been numerous STH cancellations and outrage. Nobody believes a word that comes from Dorion's mouth.

Knowing that STH sales are already down, why would PD risk even more (non renewals) by blatantly lying to STHs during the conference call??

Please explain that if you can.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I have said it all along ,EK will resign.... If he feels the owner is going to start being serious about putting a winner on the ice every season ,and not let the budget run the team ....

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
All signs seem to point to it which is unreal, but no he is not the only one out there im sure, so many crazy people these days.

I am skeptical of anyone who has something substantial to gain by lying especially when money is involved, the Owner, GM and Erik himself all have motive here which is easy to see for anyone using critical thinking skills.

So are you saying that lying to STHs, and trading EK65 is going to be the best option for The Senators on their balance sheet for 2018 and beyond?

I am of the belief that re-siging EK65 is the best option, as it fulfills the promise, made numerous times, that re-signing EK65 was their number one priority. And SHLs who were sitting on the fence, would most likley re-up for next year.

You seem to be suggesting the opposite.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Knowing that STH sales are already down, why would PD risk even more (non renewals) by blatantly lying to STHs during the conference call??

Please explain that if you can.
Because the alternative would be to openly admit that the plan was to get rid of a fan favourite and the team's best player. This isn't rocket science.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
I am of the belief that re-siging EK65 is the best option, as it fulfills the promise, made numerous times, that re-signing EK65 was their number one priority. And SHLs who were sitting on the fence, would most likley re-up for next year.

Yow seem to be suggesting the opposite.
Just so we're clear – if it comes to pass that Karlsson gets traded, will you be upset with management for lying to you? Will you stop accepting everything they say as true? Will you stop asking for evidence on any point that's made without a direct quote from a player or management-type?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad